Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
LEGAL - AGAIN
10/23/04 at 16:21:28

in the mid 70's i got my first m/c endorsement in washington state. i moved to california in the mid 80's they just transfered endorsement. when i returned to washington several years ago they would not transfer it back. so after several years of riding with out i finally got around to taking the skills test. it was pretty funny,a bunch of inexperieced riders on big h.d's all of them failed one guy even lost control and hit another machine, they were all parked way to close to course. i parked much further away. little bitty scratch on a crash bar, you would have though the world was ending almost a fight. i just laffed inside. my turn up scored 100 no point deduction, the examiner proclaimed she had never giving a 100 before, same inside when they took picture. i pointed to all the dead bugs on the leathers and said this is how you tell a rider from a poser. poser aint got no bugs on his leathers. then i went out and did a 100 mile ride with my new endorsment, it was refeshing. darn i love my thumper.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: LEGAL - AGAIN
Reply #1 - 10/23/04 at 22:03:37

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
....so after several years of riding with out....

Roll Eyes At least this says something about your riding -- like as in how many times you have been pulled over by the police.

WWW   IP Logged
Michael

Reply #2 - 10/23/04 at 22:10:53

SLUGGO

Feels good to be legal, doesn't it/

I grew up riding dirt bikes,and dual purpose, but we didn't bother with a licence. If the cops flashed the lights, we headed for the ditches.....LOL........unfortunatly, the city, and the savages are not that simple......

I purchased my bike in June......I could not get an appointment to write my licence for 2 weeks, so i rode anyway.

Evertime I saw a white car with a luggage rack on top......a sun roof, etc, I was ready to bail....lol.........looked like a cop car coming........life is ohhhhhh sooooo much better legal!!...

cheers.......michael

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 10/24/04 at 03:57:38

When I first started riding an "endorsement" wasn't needed.  A regular license was good enough.

Several years later, they added "permits" to the requirement, but those were essentially licenses and you had full riding privileges.  They had to be renewed every 2 years, I think, and since an appointment to take a skills test for an endorsement was always inconvenient, I'd just renew the permit.  And eventually, feeling rebellous, I just rode with an expired permit anyway.  I never got pulled over....

Then I rode dirt for about 10 years.  Then "marital difficulties" caused me to sell all my bikes  Roll Eyes and I was bikeless for a few years  Sad  Then I remarried and got my newbie spouse into riding and we got 2 bikes  Cheesy but she needed training so we did everything legally  Shocked with permits and eventually the MSF course  Wink and then finally after 30+ years I was riding with a little "M" stuck on my license and I was so proud of myself  8)

I still haven't had the "opportunity" so show my license to a cop yet, though. Tongue

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #4 - 10/24/04 at 07:20:03

Oh you guys are hitting close to home.  I've always had dirt bikes and ran (successfully) from the flashing lights as well, but the Savage just does not seem like it would take too many ditches.  I have to go get legal like you guys.

Right now when I see a cop car -- oooooh -- butt draws up so tight you could turn the bike over and I'd still have a grasp on the seat.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Michael

Reply #5 - 10/24/04 at 20:18:04

BOBO..........you mean your not legal??????......LOL........Actually what made me get my licence was not me.....it was the soccer moms(or dads, to be politically correct), in SUV,s with cell phones to their ear.........LOL.....cheers...........Michael

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 10/24/04 at 21:25:01

i must be a socio-path.  Wink
i never encountered the sphinctor tightning thing when i saw a cop. just lucky i never got pulled over.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 10/25/04 at 07:14:05

Michael wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
BOBO..........you mean your not legal??????......LOL........Actually what made me get my licence was not me.....it was the soccer moms(or dads, to be politically correct), in SUV,s with cell phones to their ear.........LOL.....cheers...........Michael

Yep.  It's always good to be legal when run over by an idiot  Shocked

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #8 - 10/26/04 at 08:03:17

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
...i finally got around to taking the skills test. it was pretty funny,a bunch of inexperieced riders on big h.d's all of them failed one guy even lost control and hit another machine, they were all parked way to close to course. i parked much further away. little bitty scratch on a crash bar, you would have though the world was ending almost a fight...

Thanks for the laugh about the HDs at the test.  I was in Daytona for Biketoberfest (without my bike) and saw lots of HD riders who could barely control their bikes (feet barely touching the ground!!).

Congrats on the "M" endorsement!  Feels great, doesn't it?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #9 - 10/26/04 at 21:40:33

actually it was my insurance agent and attorney that forced the endorsement issue.  agent wouldn't write a policy and attorney said without it, i could be blamed in the event a cage ran over me.   Angry
never really bother me. so i can't feel better about something i didn't feel bad about in the first place.  

and glad you liked the hd story  i see it all the time, the inexperienced guy.  

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD IT, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN CONTROL IT...   a lesson many riders need to learn.

IP Logged
Daemon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/29/04 at 05:53:34

Agree on alot of the new HD riders, met a gal with a 2000 Sportster, she put 3000 miles on it and was selling after buying nearly every bad and doodad you could put on one...

Showed her my 77 Sportster XLCH-1000... she asked "how do you start it?"

Guess she'd never seen a kickstart.

Too many people wanting a status ride, Harley's the one make everyone's heard of.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #11 - 10/29/04 at 06:11:00

I was reading "Rider" again last night...

HD has 31 models for the 2005 year.  31 models!  I just can't figure it out.  They have Harleys, Blasts and Buells...3 types.  Then they have like 4 different engines sizes between the Harleys and Buells and the Blast is a 500 single.

To me, the rest is a long string of letter designations that I can't keep track of...it's all chrome, pipes, bags, seats and other accessories that seem to make them different.

It's like giving every Savage in this forum a different bunch of letters because of the different mods we've done....there's like 200 different models of Savage in here.

I'll call mine the LS650PYGMD   8)

IP Logged
Daemon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/29/04 at 06:21:00

Yep, HD is producing something like 400,000 bikes this next year. That's alot of riders spending alot of cash

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #13 - 10/29/04 at 06:29:02

When I bought my bike 4 years ago, the Savage had just about the lowest seat of any production bike.

The "FLSTN/1" Softail Classic has one that is 24.5"...and I thought that LS650 was a mouthful  Tongue

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #14 - 10/29/04 at 07:01:36

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
When I bought my bike 4 years ago, the Savage had just about the lowest seat of any production bike.

The "FLSTN/1" Softail Classic has one that is 24.5"...and I thought that LS650 was a mouthful  Tongue

Yea but from what I've seen of Harleys a lower seat height doesn't necessarily translate into lower standover height because of their width.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:12:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LEGAL - AGAIN

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!