Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it big enough? (Read 33 times)
Daemon
Ex Member

Re: Is it big enough?
Reply #15 - 10/29/04 at 05:32:30

Short rides, you'll love it. Long rides (or more freeway rides) you should look into bigger/heavier bike.

Beware the wind at freeway speeds, particularly on bridges over canyons. Had my first real scare in 15 years on mine going over a high bridge at 75mph with side winds, that 352 pounds isn't very comforting.

Great bike for the right rides. I've done a few 500+ mile days on my '02 and love it, but if I'm actually trying to get somewhere without pulling over every 1.5 hours I take one of my other bikes.

IP Logged
Sgt_Mike
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/01/04 at 04:55:36

I live at the crossroads of I-81 & I-70, to go north/south I can use Rt 11 and to go east/west I can use Rt 40 and for more twisties and up/down I can use alt.40. Man, that would be just like the days before the interstates were built, yahoo. But it looks like the Chesapeak Bay Bridge is out, winds can be wicked at time on that beast. Have a great day.
                                                          Sgt Mike

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #17 - 11/01/04 at 05:24:41

Sgt_Mike wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
I live at the crossroads of I-81 & I-70, to go north/south I can use Rt 11 and to go east/west I can use Rt 40 and for more twisties and up/down I can use alt.40. Man, that would just like the days before the interstates were built, yahoo. But it looks like the Chesapeak Bay Bridge is out, winds can be wicked at time on that beast. Have a great day.
                                                          Sgt Mike

You mean the Bay Bridge AND Tunnel?  Done it in a car.  I bet that would be a rush on a bike.

IP Logged
Sgt_Mike
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/01/04 at 06:31:29

I mean the Bay Bridge on Rt 50 going to Ocean City Md. It's 4.5 miles long and 190 feet at the highest point. The official name is the William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge, but we just call it the Bay Bridge

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:26:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is it big enough?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.