Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: post a pic
Reply #30 - 10/08/04 at 21:03:03

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
8)gitarzan ... love those bars and that tach on your Savage ... care to give us some info on each? Type? Make? Model? Price? Difficulty to install, etc.
Thanks!

You're Welcome.  

Tach is  Baron, and was about 80 bucks if I remember right. Easy to install.  There appears to be number of branded versions of this same tach.  I made a bracket out of a chrome cable guide and some rubber grommets.

Handlebars were $20 from a box of handlebars on the floor of a local metric bike repair shop.  They are 1" and quite wide, very similar to those on a Harley LowRider.  That's about all I know about them.  I like them much better than the stock Buckhorns.

How do you like the chrome cable ties? Sharp, eh?  Wink

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
MK
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 10/10/04 at 20:33:34

Here's our "pair" of S40's.  Just love 'em!

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/225938/

And on a ride into Washington, DC

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/225940/

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #32 - 10/11/04 at 03:10:01

Looking good.  I see the turn signal posts are different than the Savage (not just the lens part)  Your tags are almost identical, too.  Is the housing for the license plate lamp black?  I hadn't noticed that before.

Do both have a "Suzuki" decal on the rear fender?...hard to tell on the white one.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #33 - 10/11/04 at 06:19:44

MK wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:

I like your bags on the passenger seat.  What brand are they, how much do they hold and how do you fasten them on?  Thanks!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
LittleRedster
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/11/04 at 06:19:56

Nice bikes!  What kind of bags do you have on your pillion seats?

Cheryl

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #35 - 10/11/04 at 06:20:48

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Looking good.  I see the turn signal posts are different than the Savage (not just the lens part)...

They are the same as the ones on the 2004.  I compared them recently because I am thinking about buying a set of the '05 fender rails...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #36 - 10/11/04 at 06:29:47

You need to find someone with an S40 who wants a short sissybar/passenger backrest.  Sell him your's and take his fenderrails as a partial trade.

WWW   IP Logged
MK
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 10/11/04 at 08:28:17

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Looking good.  I see the turn signal posts are different than the Savage (not just the lens part)  Your tags are almost identical, too.  Is the housing for the license plate lamp black?  I hadn't noticed that before.

Do both have a "Suzuki" decal on the rear fender?...hard to tell on the white one.

The only difference between the tags is one uses the number 1 and one use the letter I.  We have similar tags on our cars because we also like to ride bicycles - LIK2BIK and L1K2B1K...makes folks look twice alot.  Housing for the lamp is black.  And both bike has the decal on the rear - the one on the white is a light silver so a bit harder to see in the pic.

IP Logged
MK
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 10/11/04 at 08:34:22

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I like your bags on the passenger seat.  What brand are they, how much do they hold and how do you fasten them on?  Thanks!

The bags are Joe Rocket Velocity Tail bags.  They simply hook on with 4 bungie hooks that are part of the bag - we found that there are 2 good places for the front hooks on either side under the seat where it's bolted on and the 2 rear hooks just go under the fender on either side - very secure.  Not sure of the official cargo volume but to give you an idea of size a helmet would fit in it.   It's easy to put on and take off so if you stop someplace you can pop it off and it has a nice carrying handle.  We paid $55.00 at www.newenough.com

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #39 - 10/12/04 at 03:05:10

The only difference between the tags is one uses the number 1 and one use the letter I.  We have similar tags on our cars because we also like to ride bicycles - LIK2BIK and L1K2B1K...makes folks look twice alot.  Housing for the lamp is black.  And both bike has the decal on the rear - the one on the white is a light silver so a bit harder to see in the pic.

More changes to the Savage40...where's that other topic?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 05:13:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › post a pic

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.