Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tilted bike and starting issues (Read 7 times)
Jake
Ex Member

Tilted bike and starting issues
09/24/04 at 05:40:56

Hi all,
I am new to this group but not to the Savage.
My bike has a funny quirck and I was wondering if anyone has seen this odd starting issue.

If the bike has a greater than normal angle due to side stand sink, it starts ok, but when I tilt it straight up to ride, it stalls!  It will restart with a little throttle but runs crappy til I hit the end of the block after leaving the driveway.  

Sounds like a float issue,not sure, but it might be a common thing.  Let me know if you have seen this!
PS> 1988 Model

IP Logged
Jon
Ex Member

Re: Tilted bike and starting issues
Reply #1 - 09/24/04 at 10:25:32

My '88 never did that.  It does sound like a sticky float that may be keeping the float needle down and causing flooding.  It may also just be a gas gum problem in the bowl.  Before you tear into it, add some SeaFoam to the gas, it will dissolve the sludge deposits.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Tilted bike and starting issues
Reply #2 - 09/25/04 at 02:35:21

Jake wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Hi all,
I am new to this group but not to the Savage.
My bike has a funny quirck and I was wondering if anyone has seen this odd starting issue.

If the bike has a greater than normal angle due to side stand sink, it starts ok, but when I tilt it straight up to ride, it stalls!  It will restart with a little throttle but runs crappy til I hit the end of the block after leaving the driveway.  

Sounds like a float issue,not sure, but it might be a common thing.  Let me know if you have seen this!
PS> 1988 Model

Do you smell gas at anytime during this event?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 07:20:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tilted bike and starting issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.