Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, it's now official... (Read 28 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Well, it's now official...
07/11/04 at 01:03:54

I hadn't ridden in 14 years and decided to get back into it.  I did the MSF course a few weeks back and have been reading about and, when possible, test riding a number of mid-sized bikes to figure out what I wanted.   I was really taken with the simplicity and straightforwardness of the thumper and like the Savage's styling.  I hadn't seen too many used ones for sale (and those that were seemed to be bought pretty quickly), so I pretty much resigned myself to buying a new S40 in a week or two when they arrived.  I just happened to see an ad today for a 98 Savage in great condition with low miles that was only about a mile from my house so I couldn't resist.  I was a bit apprehensive because an internet search seemed to turn up mostly orange Savages for that year.  My apologies to you folks with those bright orange bikes but, to my eyes, they are mofugly.  However, the asking price was reasonable, so off I went.  Luckily, this one was black.  What can I say?  After a brief test ride, I wrote the man a check and brought my "new" scoot home.  I have not done any freeway riding on it yet, and maybe it's just the joy of being on a bike again...... but I REALLY like this bike.  It simply has a great feel to it.  Anyway, just wanted to say Hello and that I'd officially joined the club.  Gotta do all the insurance/tax/title/license junk but then I'll be out on this baby!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Well, it's now official...
Reply #1 - 07/11/04 at 03:33:50

Way to go!

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Well, it's now official...
Reply #2 - 07/11/04 at 08:36:03

Welcome to the Forum and have lots of fun like we do.
Kropatchek

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 23:38:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Well, it's now official...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.