Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Light Bar Add On. (Read 35 times)
koiroy
Ex Member

Light Bar Add On.
03/20/04 at 12:08:58

Have any of you Savages considered adding a light bar to the front forks. I think the look is great but I wonder about the ability to mount the bar and ability of the charging system to handle the extra draw? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Re: Light Bar Add On.
Reply #1 - 03/22/04 at 05:24:17

I added a  light bar to my wife's Savage - no problem with the power.  It installs utilizing the hardware for the headlight.  

Found it on Accessory International - http://www.accessoryinternational.com/cwlightbarprices.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
jendesigner
2004 No Login

Stop, Drop and Chop

Chicago suburbs
Reply #2 - 03/23/04 at 14:13:45

Do the stock turn signals attach to the new light bar by removing the black stem? Can the wiring be run through the bar so it dosen't show? Or is the bar solid? I've been looking at different lightbars and I haven't made a choice yet. Yours look good. Thanks for posting a photo.
Jen

Jen
  IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #3 - 03/23/04 at 19:00:25

Quote:
Do the stock turn signals attach to the new light bar by removing the black stem?

The screw on the post of the turn signal is taken off, the signal removed (pulling the wires out completely after disconnecting).
Quote:
Can the wiring be run through the bar so it dosen't show? Or is the bar solid?

Bar is solid - but you can set it up so the wires are not really seen.   Of course, I didn't notice the wires until you said something....now I have to double check them as I am noticing them more!
The only thing I didn't like about it is more the style - I thought they would be back further as most motorcycles have them ( oOo ) where the main light is out more than the smaller spot lights.

WWW   IP Logged
grey-head
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/09/04 at 20:25:30

i like the lightbar, but can you tell me where you got the sissybar?  i'm looking for a taller one myself.
 thanks and God bless...-john-

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #5 - 07/10/04 at 08:45:25

I went to a machine shop and had it made.  It's 8 inches longer than stock to allow the second stock pad to be attached.  Works okay according to the wife - helps her back but she can't lean on it all the time due to the fact that leaning back causes her to sit differently on the seat causing a problem there (and we have the gel seats installed on that bike).

WWW   IP Logged
grey-head
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/10/04 at 16:37:28

thanks for the info, hope to find a similar one for my bike.
   keep your face in the wind, and God bless...-john-

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 00:04:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Light Bar Add On.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.