Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interesting Proposition (Read 28 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

Interesting Proposition
04/28/04 at 20:18:41

Smiley Ya'll might find this funny... Last night I was gassing up the Savage, and a 1959 Austin Healy convertible pulled in the lane next to me.  To middle aged women crawled out (literally!), and got to questioning me about my bike.  ( How much? What kind is it?  How many cc's...etc...)  The driver told me she was selling her AH to by a bike for herself.  She was very short, and after I let her sit on the bike, she decided  that's the kind of bike she wanted.  She told me the Austin Healey was for sale for $6500, but she would take my bike in trade even swap.  Sorry, I'm not into old foreign cars, but I guess I could've traded, sold it, and bought a new Savage, and had some dough left over.....Oh well....She seem shocked that I turned her down.  I need cash, not another old worn out car to take care of.  Anyway, thought this might be interesting.

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Interesting Proposition
Reply #1 - 04/29/04 at 12:07:54

Are you back on earth now? You silly b..........
A Savage for an Austin Healy '59 convertable and you did not do it?

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/04 at 20:24:58

I forgot to mention the condition of this particular Austin Healy.  It was about an oil change from being in the junk pile.  It might have had some future value if someone painted it and took all 500 dents out of the body.  Oh, and she told me the motor was out of a mid-70's Datsun 210.  And it was an automatic.  C'mon, how many 59 AH's had automatics?  If it had been in good shape, with the original parts, I would no longer be submitting topics to this forum.  I'd be on the Austin Healy forum.  So, am I still a crazy b............!!!! :'(

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #3 - 04/30/04 at 14:37:58

No you'r not and I would not critizise you if you had given ALLL the details. Embarrassed

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/04 at 09:31:13

Grin That's cool!  It's my fault for not elaborating on the details.  I would have thought I was a fool too!  Keep the rubber side down!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 21:12:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Interesting Proposition

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.