Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SEALED OR GELL BATTERIES? (Read 57 times)
pasquot
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

orlando, fl
SEALED OR GELL BATTERIES?
04/27/04 at 14:48:11

HOW MANY SAVAGE OWNERS HAVE MAINTENANCE FREE OR GELL BATTERIES IN THE BIKES?  WHAT BRAND, PRICE, PLACE TO BUY,. ETC?

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Re: SEALED OR GELL BATTERIES?
Reply #1 - 04/27/04 at 21:21:34

I have a maintenance free Champion battery.  I can't remember right off the top of my head what # it is, but it only cost $35.00.  The battery Suzuki wanted to sell me was over $150.  This Champion battery works perfectly, exact same cranking amps etc..  The only minor difference was the drain tube was on the opposite side.  This required about 2 minutes worth of twist-tying to keep it away from vital parts.  I bought it at the local auto parts store.  Autozone or O'Reilly's is bound to carry it. Or at least be able to order it for you.

IP Logged
pasquot
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

orlando, fl
Reply #2 - 04/28/04 at 06:30:14

Thanks, Savagethumper.  By maintenance free i presume you do not have to check and add water. Is this correct?   When you bought your battery, did you ask for a battery that fit the Savage or did you look for a battery by size?

I'm puzzled about the vent tube being on the opposite side. Tha't why i'm asking if it is for the Savage.

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/28/04 at 20:04:15

I stand corrected.  I got to looking at my battery, and it isn't a amaintenance -free.  My auto parts guy said it was, but it looks like you could add water to it.  
I brought my original battery to him, and he checked and cross checked till he found one that was the same specs, and same size.  He called me and told me that he found one with the vent on the opposite side and wanted to know if it would work, because if it did, it would save me lots of moolah.  The battery isn't actually for a Savage, but it works great.  The part number ( I think), is Champion # YB14LA2.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 04/29/04 at 18:49:09

I HAVE AN ODYSSEY DRY CELL BATTERY.  NO LIQUID, NO GELL, COMPLETELY DRY AND MAINTENANCE FREE.  CAN BE MOUNTED ANYWHERE, EVEN ON ITS SIDE OR UPSIDE DOWN.  PURCHASED IT ON EBAY FOR $56 PLUS S/H AND HAD IT IN HAND WITHIN 5 DAYS.  IT WAS DESIGNED FOR A HARLEY SO THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF CRANKING POWER.  ALSO, THE LIFESPAN OF A PROPERLY MAINTAINED UNIT IS 8-10 YEARS.  TRY IT, YOU WILL LIKE IT.

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #5 - 04/30/04 at 12:56:11

Lancer27,

What is the part number on your Odyssey?  I checked out their web site but it (of course) does not list a Savage.  Did it fit in with no problems/alterations?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 12:14:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SEALED OR GELL BATTERIES?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.