YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

The Gravel in your
Gut and the Spit in
your Eye

Gainesville, FL
Starting her up
04/12/04 at 14:02:41

I have a 2000 with about 6500 miles.  Just got her out of the shop of a trusted mechanic who tuned her up, new spark plug, new air filter, topped off the battery with electrolytes, oil and filter change, etc.  But the day I got her home I could not start her up that night?! The next day she started fine so i ran her until she was out of gas and filled it up with fresh gasoline and rode for another hour to make sure the gas was good.  Twelve hours later I tried to start her for about thirty seconds, waited five minutes than tried for about another minute.  She cranked and cranked and got weaker and weaker until I knew that even though I got a couple of sputtering backfires, the engine was not going to turn over.  It was a bit humid but no rain and about 60 degrees (Farenheit) this morning.

Anyone have any suggestions to get the bike to start consistently?  

Thanks

'00 LS 650
12,600 mi.
  IP Logged
Elk Oil

Re: Starting her up
Reply #1 - 04/14/04 at 06:55:14

The first thing I would do is take it back to the mechanic!  If it was reliable before he laid his hands on it, the onus is on him to make things right.

IP Logged
AlisaB
Ex Member

Re: Starting her up
Reply #2 - 04/14/04 at 20:14:29

We just had to take ours to the shop.  It kept quitting on us and finally not starting.  It turned out to be the carb.

Don't know the details yet as we will pick it up tomorrow.  

Just a thought.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 20:06:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Starting her up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.