Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
North Texas Savage owner (Read 9 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

North Texas Savage owner
04/11/04 at 09:46:54

I'd like to find a few Savage owners in the DFW/Waco area that would like to meet up one day.  I don't see many Savages in the area, and I feel that other Savage owners would like to meet up and compare mods, and tech data with each other.  Just a thought.  Riding season is here, and it'd be cool to find a central area that would be easy to get to for all the riders.  Maybe have lunch someplace.  Hell, I even cook burgers on the grill. Grin

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Re: North Texas Savage owner
Reply #1 - 04/25/04 at 08:35:18

I live in Grand Prairie. Maybe we could meet in West for lunch with someother Savage riders. However  I am chopping my Savage so sometimes it is not ready to ride. With some notice I could plan on having it ready to ride.

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/25/04 at 17:19:59

Grin Cool!  GP isn't very far from me.  I live right below Mansfield.  In a little town called Venus.  One of these weekends that I can get away from the ol' lady and kids, I'll leave a message here, and maybe we could catch up with each other for lunch.

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/26/04 at 06:09:06

I have been thru Venus lots of times going out of town. I'll watch the board for a post.

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/26/04 at 20:48:46

Gargoyle, I can't wait to see your project bike!  I work evenings, and have soccer with the kiddo's on Saturdays, so meeting is gonna be tricky, but maybe one Sunday we'll hook up for dinner. 8)

IP Logged
Watnys
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/07/04 at 11:41:48

New Savage owner in Lake Worth here. I was planning to go down to Venus in a couple of weeks or so to visit with a buddy of mine. That is after I finish my custom seat that I am fabricating. I tore my original seat to shreds (hacking away at the seat pan to make it more comfortable). I am now trying to make a cobra style seat, until then I'm sort of grounded.

IP Logged
Jay

Reply #6 - 05/15/04 at 17:18:47

Hey,
I live down in Austin, and just bought an '86 Savage-in-a-box for a chopper project.  It'll be six  months before I'm on the road, but if you get down here just email me, we'll go for a cruise...  --Jaybird

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/15/04 at 18:15:51

Fix that baby up, and put some pics on the website.  I'm about 3 hours from Austin.  Who knows, I may make a day trip down there.....

IP Logged
akschultz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/28/04 at 03:57:02

Hi,  I'm a new female rider living in Allen, just north of D/FW area.  Would love to ride if you ever do any "backroads" riding and wouldn't mind my husband and his Harley tagging along.  We do alot of riding around the lake (Lavon) on the two lane blacktops, etc. as I'm not up to alot of freeway stuff yet.  Would you be interested?

IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #9 - 07/29/04 at 13:58:11

cool! i just saw this topic!
i thought i was all alone.
i live south of fort worth and commute into dallas for work!

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/29/04 at 20:22:17

Do you live near Burleson?  I live in Venus.  I'll leave you a message if I head that way.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #11 - 07/30/04 at 06:30:34

I'm just gettin' back into riding again and just got my 98 Savage a few weeks ago.  I live in Garland and work in Las Colinas.  My schedule can also be tricky since my daughter has dance classes and the whole family has taekwondo several times a week but I'd love to get together sometime.   At the moment, my ride is almost completely stock but that will change.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #12 - 07/30/04 at 08:55:44

i drive through venus twice a day, monday through friday.
i live in keene.

savagethumper wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Do you live near Burleson?  I live in Venus.  I'll leave you a message if I head that way.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/30/04 at 20:18:30

I live north of Venus about 3 miles on FM 157.  Trailer park heaven.  I know where Keene is, but I can't say that I remember anything about it.  It's on the way to Cleburne, isn't it.

IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #14 - 08/02/04 at 15:19:40

yes, keene is on the way to cleburne.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2