Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Still looking for that Metric Catalog... (Read 29 times)
Gregski
Ex Member

Still looking for that Metric Catalog...
02/11/04 at 08:09:39

A few days ago I received my J&P Cycles Metric Cruiser and Touring Catalog and aside from the windshield, there aint nothing in it for the Suzuki Savage, good thing the catalog was free.  It sucks that stuff is so hard to find for a bike that is still in production and pretty popular.  I also have the JC Whitney catalog and that sucks too.  It's like the catalog folks are pushing us to buy an AMERICAN V TWIN, and I would love to get one as soon as my uncle's cousin's sister's younger brother's neighbor... pay's me back the $36K large, cause I got the other $6K grand already saved up for the chrome accessories, NOT!

So if any of youz is from Europe or them other continents across the pond, could you share some web links with us for parts for this bike, maybe you have more things available over yonder.

Thank you in advance,
Greg

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Re: Still looking for that Metric Catalog...
Reply #1 - 02/11/04 at 15:39:27

IP Logged
Gregski
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/11/04 at 17:03:32

Call me crazy but I checked out both links and could not find squat for the Suzuki Savage!

IP Logged
pasquot
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

orlando, fl
Reply #3 - 02/12/04 at 09:39:27

Could you give us an idea of what king of accessories your looking for for your savage?

IP Logged
Gregski
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/12/04 at 13:21:30

I am looking for the following:

Rigid Stretched Chopper Frame (like back in the day for the Yamaha XS650s or the Honda Fours)

Front Fork (Not the Seeger Cycle Raked Triple Trees Stuff) maybe a springer, one that will work with our break caliper and accept the axle/hub or a 21 inch wheel

Long Shots style exhaust pipes (basically long and straight)

Forward Controls (again not in the Seeger Cycle $500 dollar range)

Solo Seat

Engine Chrome Covers or Black Covers

Handlebar Risers (that fit)

Speedo and a Tach Combo

Cone Shaped Chromed Air Filter

Steel Braided Cables, Break, Clutch, Throttle

stuff like that, any help is greatly appreciated

IP Logged
Mario Thorne 86 SAVAGE

Reply #5 - 02/12/04 at 14:10:53

http://www.raask.se/ind-eng.htm for the exhaust you want.
http://www.mf-cycles.de/800x600/800-start.htm for a chain drive conversion fot make fitting your rigid frame alot easier...
http://www.accessoryinternational.com/intruderdirectory.htm for stainless braided cables and lines also alot of other stuff.
http://www.caswellplating.com/index.html for chroming maybe i havent really read much about this yet.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/list.cfm?page=2&model_ID=26 other stuff

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 03/07/04 at 09:21:18

HEY,

THERE IS VERY LITTLE ON THE MARKET FOR THE SAVAGE SO YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE DUE.  THE SAVAGE HAS 1" HANDLEBARS...SO DO MOST HARLEY'S.  THE SAVAGE EXHAUST HEADER PIPE IS 1 3/4" O.D....THE SAME WITH A LOT OF HARLEY'S...A LOT OF SLIP ONS WILL WORK.  I GOT A "REVOLUTION AIR" MUFFLER BY "CONE ENGINEERING", THEIR WEB IS "WWW.QUALITYENGINE.RD.COM".  THEY HAVE CREATED A GREAT PATENTED DESIGN WHICH GIVES GOOD BACK PRESSURE AT LOW SPEED/THROTTLE BUT WHEN YOU CRANK UP THE RPM THE MUFFLER CREATES A VACUUM IN THE REAR OF THE MUFFLER WHICH PULLS THE EXHAUST OUT.  WORKS GREAT, EVEN TOOK CARE OF THE BACKFIRING THE SAVAGE IS KNOWN FOR.  THEY SELL FOR ABOUT $450 A PAIR FOR HARLEY'S BUT I GOT ONE OF THEIR R&D UNITS (USED) FOR $50.  IT WAS THE BEST $ I HAVE SPENT ON THE BIKE YET.
ALSO, YOU MIGHT CONSIDER TAKING A TECH CLASS ON CUTTING/WELDING SINCE YOU WANT TO BUILD A CHOPPER.  WITH FEW AFTERMARKET PARTS AVAILABLE FOR THE SAVAGE YOU WILL DO WELL TO LEARN HOW TO CREATE THEM YOURSELF.  IT IS FUN, SATISFYING AND YOU WILL SAVE A GREAT DEAL OF $ DOING STUFF YOURSELF.
MY SAVAGE SUFFERED ROAD DAMAGE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO...MASSIVE OIL LOSS ON THE HIGHWAY.  DURING REBUILD I HAD THE CAM REGROUND BY WEBCAMS IN CALIFORNIA (WWW.WEBCAMINC.COM)...THEY OFFERED SEVERAL CAM PROFILES AND I CHOOSE A GOOD MIDRANGE GRIND.  I JUST SENT THEM MY CAM AND 10 DAYS LATER THEY RETURNED IT TO ME READY TO GO..ABOUT $125 I THINK.  THE CYLINDER NEEDED TO BE BORED ONE SIZE OVER BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE...I PURCHASED THE NEW PISTON AND SENT IT AND THE CYLINDER TO "BORE TECH" IN OHIO (WWW.BORE-TECH.COM).  THEY BORED THE CYLINDER TO MATCH THE NEW OVERSIZE PISTON AND DID A "SILICONE CARBIDE PROCESS" TO THE CYLINDER WALL...MAKES IT A DIAMOND HARD SURFACE YET STILL SEATS THE RINGS NORMALLY.  NO BREAK-IN REQUIRED AFTER THIS PROCESS.  FRICTION DRASTICALLY REDUCED...RUNS COOLER...BUTTER SMOOTH...SIGNIFICANT POWER INCREASE.  THIS IS USED ON RACE ENGINES AND THEY ARE READY TO RACE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.  
I  ADDED A 6" VELOCITY STACK TO THE CARB AND AND A "THUNDER PRODUCTS DIAL-A-JET" KIT TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LEAN CARB JETS/SETTINGS (WWW.THUNDERPRODUCTS.COM).  
THIS BIKE IS NOW A REAL "SAVAGE".  IT STILL HAS STOCK GEARING SO MY TOP END IS LIMITED TO THE RED LINE IN 5TH GEAR...BASICALLY 100 +/- , BUT IT GETS THERE LIKE A CHEETAH.  REMENBER, THIS BIKE ONLY WEIGHS 350 LBS SO IT DOES NOT TAKE A LOT OF A PERFORMANCE INCREASE TO REALLY PERK IT UP.  WHEN THE REAR TIRE NEEDS REPLACING I WILL GO FOR A LARGER SIZE.  ALSO, THE STOCK SUSPENSION LEAVES A BIT TO BE DESIRED FOR ANY REALLY FAST RIDING...I AM GOING TO PUT PROGRESSIVE SHOCKS ON THE REAR AND CERIANI FORKS ON THE FRONT WITH A BRAKE UPGRADE.
I AM REDOING THE SEAT NOW FOR A BIT MORE COMFORT.
OH, I FORGOT ONE THING, WITH THE PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS I HAVE DONE THE ENGINE WANTS TO REV LIKE CRAZY SO YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER-REV IT TOO MUCH.   I HAVE GONE ALMOST 1000 RPM PAST REDLINE DURING ACCELERATION WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS BUT IT IS NOT SOMETHING I DO REGULARLY.  BESIDES, IT PERFORMS JUST AS WELL BY STAYING CLOSE TO THE RED LINE.  I START TO SHIFT WHEN I SEE THE REDLINE, SO IT IS COMPLETE WITHIN 2-300 RPM PAST REDLINE.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT, I HOPE I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL WITH THIS BIT OF INFORMATION.

MICHAEL

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/08/04 at 22:05:16

GREGSKI TRY SEEGER CYCLE. AND CUSTOM WIZARD HANDLE BARS. THERES HEAPS OF STUFF OUT THERE . WHEN YOU HOOK ONTO SEEGER TRY THE LINKS .
                          AL DOWN UNDER Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 12:58:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Still looking for that Metric Catalog...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.