Send Topic Print
What is to old ? (Read 165 times)
Michael Moore

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

In the fog of San Francisco
Re: What is to old ?
Reply #15 - 05/23/24 at 09:13:47

I too had 2T Suzukis.  I started out on a used B105P (120cc) and several years later I bought a new TS185R in the summer of 1971 when I was working at a local Suzuki/Triumph/BMW dealership.  I raced it a few months later in my first MX (3rd place behind a Bultaco 125 Sherpa S and a Hodaka Super Rat) and at the end of the year when the 72's came out I bought the 1971 TM400 the shop had been sponsoring a local expert on.  

I thought the TS185 was the best size/power combo compared to the TS125 (less power) and TS250 (more weight/bulk).

I'll be 71 in September.  I wish SF Bay Area traffic wasn't so sketchy as I am not that keen on going riding and mixing it up with the lunatics.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 05/23/24 at 09:19:19

Though I have only been riding for about 10 years (I'm 66), I too want to continue riding until I determine it is unsafe for me to do so. I don't know who got under your skin Ruttly, but the heck with them. Be honest with yourself and trust yourself.

You guys sort of make me jealous, I have loved 2 wheelers since I was a little kid but never owned on until the last 10 years and here you guys have been riding all your lives. I salute you guys!!!

Oh, I almost hate to say this, even though I did notice and look over all the bikes in YouzGuyz picture, what really caught my, besides his youth, were those moccasins man. Those were cool!!! Cool Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 05/23/24 at 10:04:11

Ruttly, I have a good wife who routinely tells me I should go for a ride … not because of a mood but just because I’ve not ridden for a spell.  
Yes, I am blessed.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 05/23/24 at 12:56:22

I’ll start working on the brackets for wheelchair. I know our wives cringe a bit when telling us to go ride. But that is love , your love for the bike , the years of trust between wife & you , that makes her ok to say go for a ride. She understands & trusts you , cause deep down she knows it makes you whole again & again. Trust me they notice the joy in your heart when you return home.  I have friends with wives that won’t let them ride. I wouldn’t have gotten married if she didn’t under stand that there was 7 other women in this relationship , 1 with feet and 7 with wheels.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #19 - 05/23/24 at 17:13:33

I love the old pictures guys!!  

I say live your life the way you want to as long as you.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 05/23/24 at 20:44:38

Dang Versey !   You would look good on one of them nice tall 125 Dual Sport Machines !   Grin

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_xl125s_76.html

Do you remember the utube video of those two guys from Calf.  (Zach and ??)  ridding all the way across Wyoming on Dual Sports and never letting their tires touch pavement ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD8e3A2wUY

Now do you feel old enough ?   Smiley

Hay , we could do a version of this one !   Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igdCnYjBt4

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 05/23/24 at 22:22:11

MMRanch wrote on 05/23/24 at 20:44:38:
Do you remember the utube video of those two guys from Calf.  (Zach and ??)  ridding all the way across Wyoming on Dual Sports and never letting their tires touch pavement ?

carrying a bike across a road seems a bit foolish.

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #22 - 05/24/24 at 00:05:53

There is a club , I’m not sure from where but it’s SBBA Small Bike Big Adventures. I think it’s only 350cc or less and road legal. Do rides in different places. I read an article awhile back on it. Sounds interesting. I’m gonna put some miles on my 250 when it’s done. My little British vintage street scrambler should be a real kick to ride. I’m ok on smaller roads & backroads , no hurry ! Much prefer the slower scenic routes , it is exploration & adventure. Oh and those side roads that beckon me with promises on new discoveries or a short cut , my kind of riding. Only road in America still calls my name is Pikes Peak even if it’s paved all the way up now , kinda took the thrill away , but still holds lots of thrills. Even on a 250.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 05/24/24 at 08:07:32

carrying a bike across a road seems a bit foolish.  

Yaaa , My idea would be to get out the roll of tollet paper .    Wink

Ruttly , I've got a 350cc and under ... and like it - 50/60mph - ridding is GOOD !   Smiley

Maybe  I should look into the Moab , Utah adventure for latter this summer ?  

https://sbba2024-61.webselfsite.net/home?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0Sxw8a2stvj7
QfeF6cialwSGfrfH-IIPDNM4APjVAVsT2MsQa5Nma-70s_aem_AQl1g5C_KuWaS-neFVTGVicvZb8NC5
_VsDSkbkyISlwd0dLk9OfaDantUV1ngtZEuwxFCzO-PrCFS7C0GiM9sEVz

My 350cc  is too NEW !   Still is fun !

Hay , I was just looking at this ride agenda :

All the details are already worked out and a Local Motel can be had for $125/night for three beds and free Wi-Fi !   I wonder if a "Weekly rental Motel" might be even more wallet friendly or even a near by "Camping Cabin" ?  

Am I the only one who thinks this might be a nice ride to take ?  

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?aid=1430043&label=VR-SR-DL-desktop...

https://www.blackhillswhisperingpines.com/rates

https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/blackhills/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=...

The options seem endless !

« Last Edit: 05/24/24 at 11:34:20 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/25/24 at 19:21:11

I'll Quit when I Can't. If I was physically able I'd get a ten speed and go scare myself drifting through corners. Ya don't really feel The Burn when you're totally focused on staying off the asphalt. Just having that bike will get me out of the house when the body is Done with Doing the stuff that needs done and I'm bummed that doing any more will mean Tomorrow is gonna Sukk, so I sit and drink beer and smoke cigarettes.
BP was in the Below Stroke Range when I got home. 151/80 and No Meds for Ten Hours! Unheard of..
Might as well go ahead and just tell you guys,,
My wife died, Feb first. Found out she had cancer Jan 7th. She was gone in 24 days.
Before anyone starts the
I'm so sorry for your loss, you didn't know her. She was really something else. She did mean things and enjoyed hiding behind the
I'm a woman, you can't touch me shield.
Anyway, I'm single, working on Me, and Maybe next year I can make a weekend with some of you. What I will do with the dogs,,I dunno..

Any questions or comments, it's cool. I'm not gonna be hurt or bothered.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 05/25/24 at 21:12:22

Graybeard

I think everybody has some area of their life that hasn't worked out as well as we hope.

I've been blessed with a GREAT WIFE , but worked at a really Sorry Job.   Matter of fact :

I seemed to have a tuff time the first part of my life , I went through two divorce's , and had a job I hated.   It seemed no matter what I tried it didn't work out ... I didn't know where to turn ???
One night I had fallen asleep with the radio on and when I woke up there was a show called "UN-Shackled" playing  .    
I thought it was a corny show but I was too comfortable to get up and turn it off.

Over the next few weeks I got to looking forward to hearing the next story of those folks kinda like me who were having a hard time of things.
Hearing , storys from other folks and the way they turned out changed my whole out-look on life.    That "ROAD" led me onto  the life of a BLESSED MAN.    

Now that your getting on a new path , I hope and pray that your path leads you to blessing  like I've have found , and like I believe a lot of the other fellers here on SS.com have found.   There is never a dry bottom in the water-well I've been drinking from.

Glad to have you along brother !   Smiley

here is a picture of my first Savage
That crash bar , seat and floor boards are all Harley parts ... those second hand saddlebag might have been HD parts too ?   Grin

Yaaa , that is really a VW car tire on the rear .  Roll Eyes

Refresh_Bike_and_New_Car_005_002.JPG

Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/25/24 at 23:00:06

I found what you are talking about almost nine years ago. We each get a path. I'd chat with you about it All, but I'm not willing to type it. It's too involved. It's been quite the journey.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #27 - 05/26/24 at 05:26:47

It’s a journey for each of us.  Everyone has a personalized road they must walk, designed by our Creator for our benefit.  
“We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”  Rm. 8:28

With perseverance, we must continue our walk with Him, as He provides grace to strengthen and encourage us until he calls us home.  As we trust Him, He gives us peace.   Be encouraged, there are others on the same road.

IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 05/26/24 at 06:26:51

Everyone has a personalized road they must walk,

Run Your race. Not The race.
I agree with everything you said. And it Is a comfort, knowing that others understand what I'm talking about when I say certain things. Some know, already. Some understand that it's correct, they just haven't gotten The Prize yet,and then there are those who are just Certain that I'm an idiot, believing in an imaginary thing.. I'm okay with that.
What's the Worst thing that could happen to anyone?
IMO,it would be finding a way to be emotionally Okay in life, reasonably contented, without ever suffering enough to go in search of God.
Oopsies..

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #29 - 05/26/24 at 09:49:02

Most of the world tries to goes that way, but they find out in the end that it’s a dead end street.  
Our job is to be watchful, and when God provides an opportunity to speak to  or do something for someone in need, we are to tell or show who sustains us in the middle of trials.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 10:39:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › What is to old ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.