MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: I have Arriven
Reply #15 - 05/24/24 at 22:26:43

Hay Graybeard look at this ...

https://www.allsportinc.com/New-Inventory-2023-Royal-Enfield-Motorcycle-Scoot...

Dave , looking at this makes me think of the XR350 that Honda made long ago .
Maybe its only the short rake and the up swept pipe ?   I believe its also lighter than the other 350's.   Yes ... a skid plate is available for it. Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/25/24 at 18:56:06

Well, IDK what the Triumph costs,and it's too late for crying. I got a Kawasaki ELimbinator, 450 parallel twin. OTD with an Additional three years of warranty for $8,500.00. Paid in full. I got $750.00 off because I wrote a check. I parked it tonight at 8:00 with 61 miles on it. It had 1 mile on it when I fired it up. I'm gonna need to raise the bars a bit and get them tilted back some. I'm probably going to wish the pegs were a little lower. But I'm thinking the Lucerne milk crate, circa November,1954,a month older than me, will mount across the fender and make a hanger for bags.

It's actually called an Eliminator,but ELimbinator just seems fitting.

Got mashed 8/13/19,haven't ridden since. The body is gonna be sore. It's not easy keeping the revs down around 4k..
It's short,it's a little heavier than the Suzuki,but it's balanced really well. It's white,a gray one was sitting next to it. I Like the gray,but I don't want to look like asphalt ever again.
Maybe I should get it Wrapped in International Orange and get a sand dunes flag to fly..

Pay attention Ruttly.. I'll have you getting Red Xs on everything you write.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 05/25/24 at 22:25:32

Hay Graybeard ... that is one fine looking machine !     Cool Cool Cool

yeaaa , that bike will have twice the HP as my little 350 RE !     I'm thinking somewhere up it the mid to upper 40's HP.  
You'll be keeping up with anybody with that bike.   Hay ... Remember there are speed-limits out there for a good reason  (most of the time).  Grin

I have to ask :   What was it that made you pick the Kawasaki over one of the Honda 500cc bikes ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/25/24 at 22:53:42

I was walking around, looking at bikes. No Rebels in the house. I saw the Kawi,sat on it, eyeballs it, wiggled it back and forth, asked what it is, and had enough shopping. I hope I don't wish I had been patient and actually Shopped,,I was really just So Ready for a bike I just bought the Kawi, the Triumph is really good looking..
The Kawi has, IIRC, around 47 hp,it's light enough,, it's got a Big turn radius, the ergonomics are borderline, but I'm pretty sure I can get it set up to suit me.
Why did I buy it?
I was just Hungry for a bike and tired of waiting. And I think it's a good machine.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 05/26/24 at 02:41:27

You can't go wrong with a mid sized twin - they have all the power you need to ride the back roads or hit the interstate highway.  As much as I love a big single in the mountains - they are not as good as a twin when you want to do some highway traveling.

That Eliminator is just a smaller version of the 650cc Vulcan S that I recommended earlier.....I didn't know they made that type of bike in a 450cc bike.

I hope the new bike and new life situation works out well. Smiley

(PS - Stay out of the Tall Table.  It is a hateful place).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/26/24 at 04:30:55

I've walked around in there. Looked at the little signs on the tables. Even stopped by and listened in on a few. Irrelevant, futile and pointless,, but I knew that even when I was still a participant. It's pretty obvious it's pointless when irrefutable Fact is shrugged off because They don't want to see it..
I really didn't ever see me get tired of wrenching, or pointing out stupid for stupid people,, but time marches on,we change. Would I be tired of wrenching If it didn't hurt? Hmm,,,Atsa good question.
I Really expected the right shoulder to be a focal point this morning. It was burning when I got the bike parked. And Yeah, the MoFo Is sore, but everything else is sore enough that the shoulder is not really that big of a deal. If Day 1 is any indicator, it's at
least good for the BP.

Ruttly,,type it like ya say it,, No amount of personalized, dedicated, one on one tutoring izgonna help if you suffer from proper diction and good grammar.
I'm not even struggling to Not involve myself in the Table. Good advice, Dave. I'm still glad it's There.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #21 - 05/26/24 at 18:07:45

Looks cool.

IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 05/26/24 at 19:29:17

Thanks for posting the pictures! I guess you remember my computer Skills.. It's got about 220 miles on it now. It had a long day.
I have a question about chains.
Those ORings protect the area where the pins go through, right?
How does the Oil get To that spot?I'm thinking it doesn't..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 05/27/24 at 02:20:15

Graybeard wrote on 05/26/24 at 19:29:17:
Those ORings protect the area where the pins go through, right?
How does the Oil get To that spot?I'm thinking it doesn't..

O-ring chains are pretty much sealed, and it keeps the dirt/water out and the oil inside the pins.  When you clean and oil an O-ring chain you are basically just cleaning and rustproofing the outside - none of the oil gets on the inside.  You are better off using a lube that is specifically for O-ring chains, as you want something that is not waxy or sticky and will collect dirt.  Also you should keep pressure washers away from the chain, as a high pressure blast of water might get past the O-rings and put water inside the rollers/pins.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/27/24 at 08:38:50

Okay,, pressure washer directed at the chain,notta good idea. Hadn't thought of that.
YaKnow, I started out hunting for another Savage. I'm glad that didn't work out. When the bars are up closer, that thing is gonna be some kinda Allrite.. Just 380 miles to first service. I'll pick up the manual and order a helmet tomorrow. Didn't have a way to haul Anything on it, and IDK how many miles it takes at the
Don't rev it over 4k rpm before it bumps up to
Don't rev it over 6k.
It's got wheels for Tubeless tires,,sweet. And a spin on oil filter,, So twenty first century.
I looked at Mobil 10-40, which the internet says is a doable substitute for the Kawi oil, but I didn't trust the Brag Factors they had on the back of the jug to align with the Kawi oil. It's not scary low,but it's not full anymore either. It's easier to haul this thing up to eyeball the window.
No Petcock! A gas gauge and a Tach,,and the transmission is easy,,clutchless shifts are pretty easy,, still working on that,up away from first,, Ohh! They did Something to make hitting neutral easy. But ya gotta be stopped for it to kick in. Hitting Neutral rolling up,brakes applied, is pretty dodgy..I'm digging Everything but the ergonomics with the bars. And that is solveable,, but not today.. That thing is gonna be an Across Town little dude. Groceries, gasoline, errands and fishing,,
It's good to have a bike again.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 05/28/24 at 22:03:56

I looked at Mobil 10-40, which the internet says is a doable substitute for the Kawi oil, but I didn't trust the Brag Factors they had on the back of the jug to align with the Kawi oil. It's not scary low,but it's not full anymore either. It's easier to haul this thing up to eyeball the window.  

Im running Mobil 1 , 0w40 in the winter and have Mobil 1 15w50 in now for the summer .  

It seems like a fine oil to me.   Maybe Shell "T-6 5w40" might be better ?  Undecided
But my owners book say's 15w50  ...   and in the summer it makes sense ! .
Now days I'd think any of the 100% Synthetic oils would be way ahead of Yester-year's oils.

https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/products/full-synthetic-oil/t6-full-synthetic.ht
ml

Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/28/24 at 22:45:16

I really don't know what to think yet. I'll probably bite the bullet and stick with Kawi oil at least for the first service. There is a forum I'm going to check out. I've got a warranty and sure don't want trouble with it.
What bike are you talking about? If I missed it,, meh,,I just woke up and walked out here and sat down. I'm heading to bed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 17:55:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › I have Arriven

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.