Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where to buy intake flange for Mikuni VM38-9 Carb? (Read 32 times)
Bookrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Where to buy intake flange for Mikuni VM38-9 Carb?
04/21/24 at 19:18:36

Hey y'all, long-time lurker, first time poster here.
I bought a VM38 carb and got everything needed for it except the flange to mount it to the engine. Can anyone give me a link to the correct flange for our bike? I can find a bunch that will fit the carb, but not sure about the mounting holes lining up correctly. I would just buy one to try them out and buy another if need be, but I'm strapped for both cash and time since it needs to be on the road asap for an event happening soon. Thanks in advance for your help!

It's a '87 savage, if that matters.

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Where to buy intake flange for Mikuni VM38-9 C
Reply #1 - 04/21/24 at 22:53:56

Lancer can fix you up.  Send him a PM.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Where to buy intake flange for Mikuni VM38-9 C
Reply #2 - 05/03/24 at 06:18:18

If Lancer can't hook you up, this spigot (link below) has an exceptional fit on a Mikuni VM36, Keihin PWK40, and Keihin PWK38.  While the ID bore sizes are different for these carbs, the OD is 46mm for all three.  I imagine the VM38 would be the same.  Photo of my test fit on a Keihin PWK38.  It's really tight even before clamping down the worm gear clamp.

The spigot has oval bolt holes to allow for slight variations in bolt spacing for different bikes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173163117968

Note: I replace the stock screws and washers with hex flange bolts and fender washers.  Even with a good JIS screwdriver, the stock screws are very difficult to remove (I ended up using vise grips to get 1 out).

The nice stainless steel flange bolts are M6*1.0*20.  And M6 fender washers fit perfectly in the space provided on the spigot.  
« Last Edit: 05/04/24 at 16:48:17 by ThumperPaul »  

Mikuni_Spigot_Test_Fit.JPEG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 12:21:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where to buy intake flange for Mikuni VM38-9 Carb?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.