YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #75 - 12/02/23 at 19:33:31

that bear valley rv looks like our kinda place, but it's 100 miles to the BT grill from there so it's not central home base for the area.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #76 - 12/03/23 at 03:54:06

MM:

You tricked me into watching a YouTube advertisement/documentary for Harley Davidson with the Burr Trail video.

For the last 2 years I haven't been able to get you away from home for 2 or 3 days.......is 2024 the year you get to ride again?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #77 - 12/03/23 at 15:59:19

.is 2024 the year you get to ride again?

I certainly hope so !    I hope to join you fellers for a week in Texas for a "Spring-Ride"  

In the middle of the Summer or early fall a ride out to The Burr's trail ( or similar) is not out of the question , but It don't seem like a good idea to go camping solo in places far from law and order.    Yea , I do carry , and have a portable "motion detector" with a loud receiver to put under my pillow ... but I sleep sound sometimes.    
Maybe I should get a "Pocket Dog" to bring along ?   Grin

How would ya carry a dog on a Motorcycle anyway ?  
I'm picturing a tank bag type pet box ?

Really , A light sleeping bike buddy with a nice tent , and retired would be better ... or both  ?    

I'm going to put "pocket Dog and Motorcycle" on U-Tube and see what pops up ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #78 - 12/03/23 at 18:55:42

every dog I have had wouldn't get near the motorcycle.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #79 - 12/04/23 at 03:03:56

I have seen a few dogs that ride with their owners.  I can remember 2 of them specifically - one was a small black/white French Bulldog, the other was a Chihuahua.  Both were socialized well and were not "yippy" and they seemed to like hanging out with folks.  The bulldog stayed glued to the owner and didn't wander far.....the Chihuahua was high energy and like to visit folks.

Here is how the owner hauled the little French Bulldog around.

IMG_5611.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #80 - 12/04/23 at 03:04:41

Close up of pet carrier.

IMG_5610.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #81 - 12/04/23 at 03:12:23

Taking a dog along while camping does alter the way you spend your time - at least it does with the 70 pound dog we camp with.  Mornings are spent getting them breakfast and taking them for a morning walk....same for the evening meal.  When we take a motorcycle with us we spend the morning with Lily going on hikes or visiting places that are dog friendly.  After lunch Deb and I will go on a motorcycle ride and Lily gets to stay in the RV - we come home after a 4-5 hour ride and get Lily out of the RV and we cook dinner and spend the rest of the evening hanging out with her.  The RV has heat and AC - so if we are traveling and want to stop at a museum or restaurant Lily can stay in the RV.  The RV is pretty well insulated and has good ventilation, we don't need to run the generator and AC when stopped unless temps are in the high 70's or above.

On a motorcycle a dog would not always be able to hang out in the carrier while you did other things......the sun could be a bit too hot to leave them in the carrier for long.  Maybe with a small dog you could carry them and get into places I would never take Lily.  We will take Lily to restaurants that have outdoor seating, and she goes into hardware stores, auto parts stores, and even my bank is dog friendly - I never take her into places that sell or serve food.  Some museums and historical sites are dog friendly - not all of them will let your dog inside or on the grounds.

Our previous dog Sarah and our current dog Lily are good campers - but far too big to take along on a motorcycle.  They both have an incredible sense of what is going on around us......and even have a good sense of what to ignore and what needs attention.  We were at a campsite with Sarah and sleeping.....and she woke us up when she made a stern growl.  As I woke up I could see a flashlight headed toward our tent....and when they heard the growl they quickly headed another direction (the place had no lighting and I suspect someone got lost and thought our space was theirs'.....until they heard the growl).  Lily is a bit more laid back about people - but I suspect she would give us an alert for any animals that got into the campsite.

Lily loves going camping and would enjoy a motorcycle ride....she gets excited anytime I ride mine out the driveway or someone rides over on their bike.  She knows when the bike goes into the trailer that I am headed somewhere for a few days and I won't be home to spend time with her.  

IMG_5601.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #82 - 12/04/23 at 03:41:18

Deb and I are going to spend a couple of days at the Seminole Canyon State Park after we leave the campground at Kerrville.  The campground is located about 2.5 hours west, and it is located in the desert area and very remote.  We will be staying here on Monday night April 22nd and Tuesday April 23rd....then we will be headed back to KY.

I want to spend a couple of days here exploring the desert environment, visiting Comstock and Langtry where Judge Roy Bean ruled the area, and seeing the dramatic cliffs along the Rio Grande and Pecos rivers.  Seminole Canyon has a walking tour of cave paintings that leaves from the visitors center near the campground.  The night sky is reported to be incredible as there is no light pollution from large cities.  

Camping with hookups for water/electric is $20 a night, and primitive sites are $10 a night.  There are shower/toilet facilities in the campground - for food and drink you need to drive about 15 minutes to Langtry or Comstock.

If anyone wants to join us for a day or two on this part of the trip, we can provide the coffee and breakfast in the morning - you will need to bring your tent and make arrangements for a campsite

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/seminole-canyon

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #83 - 12/04/23 at 11:33:39

We have another possibility... John.
I'm working on a long dormant savage for him.

Cabin 1: $72/night sleeps 4
John
Lancer
MMranch
versey

Cabin 2:
springman
victory,
bil2,
hammer and possibly sig other

RV1:
dave and deb

Ranch House $200/night sleeps 8, 2 baths and kitchen included

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #84 - 12/04/23 at 18:29:10

I like the ranch house option with 2 bathrooms and kitchen.
Just $25/N for 8 or $33.33/N for 6.
Either way, it’s a good deal.

No midnight walks to the B/R for ___ & showers, and a kitchen for making food/snacks.
😎

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #85 - 12/04/23 at 19:51:15

I'm OK with all the above thanks Versey !    
The idea of all under the same roof is good till the snoring starts ... I'll bring some Vick's and a few Q-Tips to lube them nose bore's with !   Grin

I think I might need to bring the 650cc bike to keep up with you fellers and weather permitting go on the West Texas  (Seminole-canyon)  for a day or two.   That campground sound right friendly.!

I don't know what beds the bunkhouse has but : I'll be bringing a tent , sleeping bag and sleeping pad anyway.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #86 - 12/04/23 at 21:32:39

MMRanch wrote on 12/04/23 at 19:51:15:
I don't know what beds the bunkhouse has but : I'll be bringing a tent , sleeping bag and sleeping pad anyway.  

3 bedrooms and a living room, so I guess that's 2 per room.
pictures show rustic looking bunkbeds with 2x4 ladders rather than pipes and you don't have to crawl a pipe rail to get in either.
but that might be for the bunkhouse.  I'll have to call.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #87 - 12/05/23 at 09:43:05

Versey, what are the dates we are looking at ?
Seems like it started on the 18th but I cannot find where it was mentioned.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #88 - 12/05/23 at 09:56:56

Lily sure is a Sweetheart of a girl !    I like her even if her tonge is way too oversized and wet !    Wink

Should I look at my "Moon Calendars" to see what the weather was last year for the moon cycles in April ?  Huh

I would think that later in the month would be warmer , but that don't always pan-out to be the way it turns-out  ?  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #89 - 12/05/23 at 11:57:19

LANCER wrote on 12/05/23 at 09:43:05:
Versey, what are the dates we are looking at ?
Seems like it started on the 18th but I cannot find where it was mentioned.

Deb and I are arriving on the afternoon of April 14....a Sunday.  We are leaving on the morning of Monday, April 22nd, and headed to stay at the Seminole Canyon State Park on April 23 & 24th.

You cabin folks are not bound by our schedule - except that Youzguyz will be leading us on trips some of those days (maybe not all).  Deb and I plan on doing a few touristy things that Youzguys will likely not want to participate in - like going to see the Alamo and the River Walk in San Antonio......which is about an hour away from Kerrville.  I believe both of those touristy things can be accomplished in the same day.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:32:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.