2024 Rides (Read 2799 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #525 - 06/06/24 at 11:48:30

How about a boat bilge pump?!!  I guess you can't slope it so it drains (if you can't stop the water from getting inside, give it place to exit).

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #526 - 06/06/24 at 13:02:41

ThumperPaul wrote on 06/06/24 at 11:48:30:
How about a boat bilge pump?!!  I guess you can't slope it so it drains (if you can't stop the water from getting inside, give it place to exit).

If it ever leaks as much as a boat can... fix it or move to higher ground.  

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #527 - 06/07/24 at 10:32:11

Dave probably didn’t think I was funny either!

I like Dave’s plan to use some kind of thick epoxy, like truck bed liner.  With as many issues as RVs have with leaks, I’m surprised someone hasn’t come up with a leak proof system, process, or product (like the manufacturers themselves come up with something!).  It seems like built-in obsolescence to me.

Do AirStreams leak?  Dang they’re pricey!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #528 - 06/07/24 at 16:18:03

ThumperPaul wrote on 06/07/24 at 10:32:11:
Dave probably didn’t think I was funny either!

I like Dave’s plan to use some kind of thick epoxy, like truck bed liner.  With as many issues as RVs have with leaks, I’m surprised someone hasn’t come up with a leak proof system, process, or product (like the manufacturers themselves come up with something!).  It seems like built-in obsolescence to me.

I was distracted..........

Someone has come up with a solution - FlexArmor.  They are a national chain and they have created a product similar to bedliner - however it is more flexible which allows it to move with the flexing of the camper/RV.  I have an appointment for July 22nd in Chattanooga - they are booking out about 2 months, so evidently they are busy!  They have a lifetime guarantee.

I worked on the RV all this week, and I am likely still a week from being done.  Tomorrow I will be installing the new and improved rubber seal I built for the cab roof to bunk connection.  The original installation had self drilling screws that went through the steel cab roof and into the aluminum tubing of the bunk.  Needless to say the screws back out as you travel down the road and the RV flexes.  The new system has aluminum plates under the thin steel roof, a rubber seal made from a 1" wide x 1/4" thick rubber strip with a 1/2" x 1/4" foam weatherseal, and it will be attached with #10/24 screws that have nylon lock nuts so they don't loosen.  The seal will get a bead of caulking after it is installed.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #529 - 06/07/24 at 17:12:09

Impressive work Dave!  Probably not what you had planned for the end of spring and beginning of summer.  Git 'er dun!

As if the tornados that went through our area weren't bad enough, we went camping at Lake Somerville for Memorial Day week.  First full day there and 70-80 mph winds and rain ripped through destroying all our tents, canopies, and equipment.  The one canopy is probably still stuck up in the tree.  Packed up and went home and had a stay-cation.  

Our youngest grandson was in the kayak with me on the lake when the storm started.  We barely got back to shore in 3-4' swells and wind/rain squalling.  Thankfully, we were only about 300 yards out.  Kayak took a good beating on the rocks when we crashed ashore but survived.  The anchor is somewhere out there at the bottom of the lake.  Fun times!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #530 - 06/08/24 at 09:23:15

Paul , your Grandson will probably retell that story a thousand times over the next 50 years !   Cool

Good Job !   Wink

I'm still waiting on my son to finish his degree and settle into the lifetime job before starting a family.    My wife plans everything out way ahead of time too , so he does get it honestly !  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #531 - 06/22/24 at 20:01:37

Hay ,

No Really "HAY" , I've got my first cutting of HAY rolled and in the Barn !   Smiley

So , Now its time I spend a few days cooling off in the Mountains for a Dragon Run.

Anybody else  Itching for an outing ?  

Dragon Calendar looks like its been taken over by Sports Car ? https://tailofthedragon.com/events/

But , Still maybe a "Three Day Ride"  , Camping two nights .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #532 - 06/23/24 at 13:21:17

Us retired guys don't have to do weekends.........we can ride during the week and avoid the crowds.

I might be able to do something the 2nd week in July....after the holiday folks have gone home.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #533 - 06/23/24 at 19:34:03

I went ahead and penciled it in on my Calendar .  

Now , Let's watch the weather !   Wink

I've been ridding the 650 more in the past week and will continue to so.   Going back and forth between two bikes is not good !  IMHO

I ordered some "Tank Knee Pads" to put on the 650 , and named it "Blue Bell" so I guess that means I have to keep it for a while !   Smiley   At least till I get my money's worth out of it.    
But ...
There isn't anything else I'd rather have in the market place right now and the trend is going away from things I like in a machine so I'm glad I got the bikes I have.
O'yea , I can get a Belt Drive (20mmW Gates Poly Chain 14mmP) for the 650 when the original chain wears out , so it's time to wear the chain out !
Its at 3600 miles now.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:35:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.