Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bracket for bobber seat (Read 97 times)
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bracket for bobber seat
04/23/18 at 09:27:57

I'm looking to bobb out my savage and am looking for a bracket similar to the bolt on bluecollarbobbers bracket and seat. Does anyone have any recommendations? I like the way the BCB fits and bolts on and would like to have something similar that doesn't cost a fortune and require me to weld.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bracket for bobber seat
Reply #1 - 04/23/18 at 10:04:58

I've not seen any bolt-on options with a pan, hinge and spring supports  that require zero welding besides BCB, which I assume is why they are so popular.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/23/18 at 10:12:43

As far as I know BCB is it. However I do recommend their products they are of excellent quality as I have done 2 builds with them. The BCB kit does require you to cut the frame post which very simple to do. you can do it with a hack saw. I actually find their set with the addition of the springs on the stock setup to be more comfortable than the stock seat.

IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/23/18 at 10:19:11

Do you know if you can purchase just the seat and pan from BCB? I know they sell it in a kit with the license plate and fender. I have a buddy that can do some welding for me if there are more options out there for that. Just don't know where to begin. Searches on the topic on the engines end up showing me pictures but no mock-ups etc.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/23/18 at 10:32:28

Give them a call and talk to Lance. great guy, if he can he will help.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/23/18 at 11:25:27

You can order just the seat and pan, however the turn signal brackets are what the springs mount to.  You would need to fabricate your own or get the mounts and cut off the turn signal portions.

Call them and explain what you want to do and they will help you out.

IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #6 - 04/23/18 at 13:10:49

I bent up a seat pan from steel plate stock. I used a vise, hammer and drill press to make a loop mount for the front of the springer seat, and bolted that loop to the seat pan (attaches just aft of the tank mount bolts). The springs of the seat attach to a separate bracket (again made of steel stock) bolted to the seat pan. Additionally I made a bracket for the deuce-style tail lights (kuryakyn run-turn-brake lights, really good quality bright LEDs). the rectifier mounts to the back of the seat pan as well. The whole assembly unbolts easily and I used one multi-plug for the lights. No frame mod needed.

I know the fabricators here will probably laugh at it, but for relatively little money and no welding I made a comfortable seat that is raised up from stock height and provides a nice ride. I like the BCB seat but they wanted $350 for it and it requires cutting the frame horns, and in the spirit of the budget bob I went DIY.

-RH

bike1.JPG
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/23/18 at 13:40:05

Man that seat is high.  Too high for me but it looks good though, what is the oilcan?

IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #8 - 04/23/18 at 14:09:22

It's a fork bag. Use it to store a tool roll and such.

The seat height seems good to me, I'm about 5'9" and any lower and the cockpit begins to feel cramped (to me). PO had the front bolted direct to the tank bolts (!) and the rear was just resting on the frame horns. Way too low.

IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/23/18 at 14:18:25

Rotorhead wrote on 04/23/18 at 13:10:49:
I bent up a seat pan from steel plate stock. I used a vise, hammer and drill press to make a loop mount for the front of the springer seat, and bolted that loop to the seat pan (attaches just aft of the tank mount bolts). The springs of the seat attach to a separate bracket (again made of steel stock) bolted to the seat pan. Additionally I made a bracket for the deuce-style tail lights (kuryakyn run-turn-brake lights, really good quality bright LEDs). the rectifier mounts to the back of the seat pan as well. The whole assembly unbolts easily and I used one multi-plug for the lights. No frame mod needed.

I know the fabricators here will probably laugh at it, but for relatively little money and no welding I made a comfortable seat that is raised up from stock height and provides a nice ride. I like the BCB seat but they wanted $350 for it and it requires cutting the frame horns, and in the spirit of the budget bob I went DIY.

-RH

This right here is what I'm talking about. You wouldn't have measurements for all the brackets with closer pictures or a cad file for it would ya?

IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #10 - 04/23/18 at 14:26:08

No CAD, just bending steel, test fit, revise until happy with it.

I'll take some pictures/measurements tonight and DM them to you.

IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/23/18 at 15:31:27

Rotorhead wrote on 04/23/18 at 14:26:08:

Awesome I really appreciate it. Your the man!

IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/23/18 at 15:36:57

Rotorhead wrote on 04/23/18 at 14:26:08:

Awesome I really appreciate it. Your the man!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:21:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bracket for bobber seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.