Send Topic Print
Total Strangers (Read 96 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Total Strangers
11/06/17 at 21:00:40

Weeks ago during the Napa valley fires a ranch that raises mini horses was in the path of the fire. The lady loaded what she could into the horse trailer leaving most of the 97 behind. After unloading the minis in a safe zone she returned not knowing if the rest would still be alive. As she entered the ranch there was 22 cars & trucks with horse trailers leaving the ranch with the rest of her tiny horses , all total strangers. One lady had lost everything in the fire but her pickup & trailer just 12 hours earlier. The ranch owner is now trying to locate the strangers to thank them. Yes all the horses have been returned.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Total Strangers
Reply #1 - 11/06/17 at 21:41:45

Thanks,... I needed that...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 11/07/17 at 07:26:00

So now we know that this is where the last 22 decent human beings in this country are living.  

I'm moving to Napa Valley (but not sure if it is to taint the pool or make it 23? That's anyone's guess)

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 11/07/17 at 08:49:56

There must be some kind of an internet "SuzukiSavage" forum where Tiny Horse owners can get help can when they need it!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 11/07/17 at 09:05:23

Dave wrote on 11/07/17 at 08:49:56:
There must be some kind of an internet "SuzukiSavage" forum where Tiny Horse owners can get help can when they need it!

Well of course there is!
http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php/forum/1-miniature-horse-forum/

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 11/07/17 at 09:42:33

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 11/07/17 at 10:08:23

stewmills wrote on 11/07/17 at 07:26:00:
So now we know that this is where the last 22 decent human beings in this country are living.  

I'm moving to Napa Valley (but not sure if it is to taint the pool or make it 23? That's anyone's guess)

Stewy , They sip wine not chug PBR. I think it would be leaning to the tainting side ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #7 - 11/07/17 at 13:41:03

Ruttly wrote on 11/07/17 at 10:08:23:
Stewy , They sip wine not chug PBR. I think it would be leaning to the tainting side ! Grin

Oh well. scrap that idea!

I'll actually be in San Diego most of next week. You should ride down for dinner one night  Huh

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 11/07/17 at 14:01:40

Try to hit Indian Joe Brewing if you're near Vista!
https://www.indianjoebrewing.com/
This guy makes some good stuff.  My wife is a member of the same tribe (Luiseno).

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 11/08/17 at 06:05:20

Stewy , No chance of me going to San Diego. Work is super busy right now. Worked the last seventeen days with no day off. Drive,work,drive,sleep,but making $$$ and this should last thru end of December !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 11/08/17 at 06:23:09

I know this post is somewhat out of character for me but with all the recent media storms like Texas , Florida, California and waay to many mass shootings. I just wanted to pass on a good story about human kindness. Not everyone is evil just a tiny percentage but that's all the media knows how to report on ! So be kind and help those who need it , it is the season of giving !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #11 - 11/08/17 at 10:19:05

Ruttly wrote on 11/08/17 at 06:23:09:
I know this post is somewhat out of character for me...

Understatement of 2017!

All kidding aside, I agree. The country is full of crazy and lazy people and it is hard sometimes to see through all of the freeloaders and just plain inconsiderate people to find the good in real people.  I never do it for the credit, but I am always lending an ear for someone in the checkout line or an acquaintance of someone that needs a leg up, whether it is buying them a meal, sneaking them a few dollars, or fixing a car or house with the skills I have been blessed with. Yeah, we sometimes get taken for a ride and it makes helping that next person hard, but it is what it is.

I don't like to draw attention to it in a crowded place (shopping centers, airports) but I do my best to recognize our ladies and gentlemen in the service. It they are in uniform I will offer a handshake and thank them for their service. If they appear to be a veteran and are wearing the prominent veteran's hats we see, I'll do the same.  If in line somewhere, I will always step aside and let them have priority.  I may not agree with the political side of some of the wars we have fought or are fighting, but I will always respect anyone that takes up arms and risks their life in defense of my life and my freedom.

You will be amazed at how far a little Thank You will go, and how good it makes you feel too Wink

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 11/08/17 at 12:12:46

Stewy , I was laughing so hard I got a cramp in my side almost thought my heart was going to vapor lock ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 12:30:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Total Strangers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.