Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it over for this year? (Read 201 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Is it over for this year?
10/23/17 at 08:14:25

We had a beautiful weekend (Oct 21 & 22) - with temps up in the 70's and blue skies both days.  Unfortunately I didn't get on a bike and take advantage of it - I mowed the fields and yard, hauled some firewood, and did as much outdoor work as I could squeeze in.

I do believe that the riding weather is over, as a cold front swept in from the west and brought us rain and high temperatures forecast to be in the low 50's the next couple of days....and lows dropping down into the 30's.

Although we might be able to sneak in a short ride from time to time - the warm riding weather in northern Kentucky is likely gone for 2017. Sad

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Is it over for this year?
Reply #1 - 10/23/17 at 08:27:33

We just broke out of the 100's here...
Riding season has officially started... Grin

Today’s high - 98'.... low - 67'.... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 10/23/17 at 08:47:22

Well it's a good thing I didn't plan that detour riding trip to Wilder!  

Actually changed plans and flying out to IND this afternoon, drive to IL for work, then drive back over to Akron for work, then fly home. So, unfortunately gonna miss ya on this trip.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #3 - 10/23/17 at 09:20:25

I've got maybe a few more weeks. I've got some bike work ahead of me, and I'd like to get it started sooner rather than later:

I've been enjoying my DRZ400 Tracker all summer, but it's time to make it pretty. The bike will get torn down so I can have the frame and some metal parts powder coated. I also have new plastics so I can reshape the side covers. The side covers, as well as both fenders will get paint to match the tank (yellow-orange). I'm gonna shoot them myself. I'll probably get one of those $30 borescopes on Amazon for my iPad and have a peek into the cylinder just to make sure that I wont be tearing the bike down twice in the same year.

My FZ6 is going to get naked. It has a 1/2 fairing installed from the factory. From what I can tell, its sole purpose is to direct highly turbulent air into the bottom of my helmet. For the last two decades all of my street bikes have had fairings. After riding on my cafe and tracker I have rediscovered the joy of riding naked. I have all of the parts in-hand the conversion and I can't imagine it taking more then a few nights of work...but there is a possibility that I may repaint this bike in a classic Yamaha Kenny Roberts paint scheme...

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/23/17 at 11:21:14

Yep it wont be long and mine is coming apart for a repaint. Should be fun. I see a lot of sanding in my future...........

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 10/23/17 at 11:30:45

Riding season , what is that you speak of ?  Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 10/23/17 at 11:42:33

Last weeks highs were 100 and 70 with a threat of rain.
When you watch the world series on tuesday, it's summer again with a threat of fire.

WWW   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/23/17 at 12:15:35

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 10/23/17 at 09:20:25:
I have rediscovered the joy of riding naked.
-----------------------

Don't you just hate it when people quote you out of context?  Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 10/23/17 at 16:11:54

Friday , I got to ride somewhere I've been wanting to go for a couple years now.  Great day for a ride !  Smiley

Back when Geocaching first started getting popular I caught wind of a place where one can :
"Stand in one place and be in three States and two time zones at the same time."

Here , is a picture of the brass plate marking the spot.    So , my thumb was split between three States at one time !  Grin

Tn_Al_Ga.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/24/17 at 13:38:55

Sadly it does look like the riding season is over.  I'm about 2 hours or so north of you Dave but with similar weather patterns.  The outlook is not good.  Last year there was good riding into the first week or two of November and I got a lot of good riding video with some nice fall colors.  This year some leaves are still hanging on and the rest turned mostly brown and fell off.  Also, the dry weather has made for early harvest so the fields are all cut and brown.  Not very scenic.

I hope to get in some short rides and run some ethanol free fuel and stabilizer through the tanks before winter storage.  There is an ethanol free pump at a gas station near me but it is a dollar higher and their rule is that you are only allowed to pump it into gas cans or equipment other than vehicles.  So I fill up my gas cans and take it home for the bikes, mowers and other equipment.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/24/17 at 13:48:19

don't watch the world series... it'll make you cry.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 10/28/17 at 07:26:10

Got down into the low thirty's  last night  with rain   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Monday , ridding weather returns ...  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #12 - 10/28/17 at 07:35:03

Has been beautiful weather here, yet recovering from a cold so not able to take advantage of .😷 Hopefully will be able to get some rides in soon.. Hgs to all, Kim, Shadow and of course Genie!!

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #13 - 10/28/17 at 07:41:40

Coldest I ever rode n was 28 degrees. Had been cold for several days and  yet their wasn't any ice. I was bundled up pretty good and hot coco sure hit the spot when I got home!! Usually 40 is my cut off. I have been fooled by nice sunshine on a winter's day a time or two!!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 10/28/17 at 11:06:50

I was hoping to be able to ride today for a CMA picnic in south Tulsa at an Creek indian park.  It is still in the low 40's outside though with a cold north wind blowing at 10-15 mph.  Very BRRR for a ride, and would not come back until 6pm so arrive home after 7pm; dark and FREEZING.
No ride today.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 04:28:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Is it over for this year?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.