Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it over for this year? (Read 201 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Is it over for this year?
Reply #15 - 10/30/17 at 07:53:58

Finally had a day between traveling and some rain to ride last Friday afternoon. High was about 75 and it was perfect weather. Today we dipped down into the 30's overnight but it still gets warm in the afternoons. I'll keep riding throughout the winter on those warmer afternoons, mostly on casual day Fridays when I can throw on the extra motorcycle layers.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #16 - 11/03/17 at 12:14:30

So...today it is 80 degrees. Since the Ninja got ridden last week I rode the S40 today. At this rate I'll still be able to ride in shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 11/03/17 at 22:14:15

I filled up months ago. Haven't felt well enough to ride, until a few days ago. Well, I rode two times, about three weeks ago, but I think today I'll be able to get out and do a few things. And not be freezing cold doing it. I'm just hoping for no rain.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #18 - 11/04/17 at 05:34:46

Rode to the hardware store, a doctor appointment and over to my brother's place yesterday.
Then I changed the oil & filter
Sunny and ~52F here in SW Ontario yesterday ... felt good to "collide with some air"  Cool
(Neil Young - Unknown Legend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkL_IevacnU )

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 11/04/17 at 06:14:40

I could potentially go for a ride today, as it will be up in the middle 60's in the afternoon - but........We are having a huge old time music jam at our house this afternoon/evening.  If I don't stay home and help get the place ready - I likely would be seriously killed upon my return!

It took 14 hours to smoke the turkeys yesterday (everything I own smells like Cherry wood smoke).

Maybe I can sneak in a very/very shorty ride to buy some "necessary" music party supply. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Franklin2135
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/04/17 at 11:58:55

I put the S40 in storage today. It's not so much the average temperatures of our winters, which are at or below freezing but not usually arctic, it's the snow, etc. I have yet to read a motorcycle tire advertisement that says "really good on ice and snow".
As a new rider I was also interested to learn today that 70 mph at 43 degrees F feels like 5 below, and it is a good idea to dress appropriately, which I did not.
Lesson learned.

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #21 - 11/04/17 at 16:05:29

Here in SC, we had some below 45 days, but now, back up in he lows of 55 and highs around 70-75.  Plan on riding for another month or so.

While in Ohio, I road when down in the 20's.  One winter, I rode all through winter to work nearly every day, even in the snow and icy roads!  Will never do that again.

I don't mind now down to around 40 then these old bones get chilled.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 11/09/17 at 03:05:03

It was 31 degrees this morning, and by Saturday the low will be down to 24.  The long term forecast shows most days will have a high temperature in the 40's, the and there is a chance of rain almost everyday.....pretty darn depressing.

Last night I begin to feed the "Dragon".......that is my nickname for my outdoor wood boiler.  The feedings will likely continue twice daily until March!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 06:34:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Is it over for this year?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.