Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Spent the Day
10/11/17 at 16:09:37

It's been more than a few months since I've been out on my '02. Getting ready for and cleaning up Hurricane Irma used up most of September and along with the good old Florida heat in August the bike has just been sitting in the shop collecting dust  Sad. Well the heat index has finally dropped below 100 degrees and I spent the day working on the bike. It needed a good bath, fresh gas and a new battery and it fired up on the second crank. Love the big single when it behaves. Oil and filter change planned by the weekend then time to get some riding in.
 Daytona Beach Biketober Fest coming in about a week and will be sitting in traffic enjoying the sights.  Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Spent the Day
Reply #1 - 10/12/17 at 16:22:47

I'm happy for ya. Sounds like you're overdue for a good cruise on the Savage  Grin

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 10/12/17 at 17:52:22

A friend once told me "You can spend Quality Time with your bike , without ridding it sometimes" .    I still think he is crazy but he might have been right about the Quality Time ?  Grin

Hint : Its somebody we all know and love !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Franklin2135
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/04/17 at 12:08:37

Pretty much on the other end of things, I spent some time today winterizing and putting up my S40 for our Ohio winter. I don't envy you your summer heat but I do wish for your moderate winters. That being said there is some satisfaction in going through the winterizing routine, and when its over it feels good to know that you treated your bike right. Isn't it funny, the connections we make with these pieces of steel, aluminum and rubber?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 11/04/17 at 20:10:45

Isn't it funny, the connections we make with these pieces of steel, aluminum and rubber? [/quote]

Uh oh , Sounds to me like someone has been bit by the bug. The real illness is soon to set in. Then all you do or think will be motorcycle related.
I was infected 50 years ago and I know the symptoms !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 11/04/17 at 22:34:39

Isn't it funny, the connections we make with these pieces of steel, aluminum and rubber?

We may have another Rider that will join us for the week-long type rides ???  Smiley

Another Mike ?   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 11/05/17 at 03:23:19

MMRanch wrote on 11/04/17 at 22:34:39:
Isn't it funny, the connections we make with these pieces of steel, aluminum and rubber?

We may have another Rider that will join us for the week-long type rides ???  Smiley

Another Mike ?   Grin

There is always room for another Mike ! 😁🏍😎🚁

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 11/05/17 at 05:42:55

The summer heat has finally let off here in Florida. Was planning a two week trip over New Orleans with the travel trailer but it just fell through, my wife has some health issues. Time for plan B which is biking and boating.  Need to scrub the chicken strips off the new front tire and drown some bait. Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #8 - 11/05/17 at 09:50:19

Hey Ed L, What is this ''winter off season'' of no riding they speak of?
We just have a cooler dry season to ride.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 11/08/17 at 06:48:13

Hey Badwolf, I think they are talking about when it gets cold enough to break out the hoodie and boots, around here in Florida that's in the mid 60's. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:46:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spent the Day

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.