Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Not riding too much lately (Read 299 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Not riding too much lately
Reply #30 - 07/12/16 at 20:40:47

I'm not riding too much lately either.  Grin

Can you guess?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #31 - 07/12/16 at 21:13:53

California Central Valley 85-90 the norm,hot is 105 give or take another 5.
I have an old Harley t shirt that says
"If you can't stand the heat,stay out of the valley"
Riding in 110 heat is like taking a nap in a pizza oven.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 07/12/16 at 22:41:25

Ruttly wrote on 07/12/16 at 21:13:53:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....................sssssssssssss... Tongue

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 07/13/16 at 04:10:57

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/16 at 22:41:25:
Ruttly wrote on 07/12/16 at 21:13:53:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....................sssssssssssss... Tongue

HotSero.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #34 - 07/13/16 at 05:39:38

Naaaaa, you guys are wimps!  Grin

It was down to 94 yesterday with humidity in the 90% range. I wear a pretty thick jacket and gloves and FF helmet. I rode for 77 miles and didn't break a sweat. Ya gotta get used to it.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #35 - 07/13/16 at 05:55:08

Not sure I could ever get used to it.....I tend to sweat a lot when it gets really hot.

I believe in ATGATT, and I really should find a mesh jacket that can offer protection.  My jackets are all suitable for cooler weather and have zip in liners......I need to find something that is really made for hot weather riding and has good airflow.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 07/13/16 at 06:27:07

Kris01 wrote on 07/13/16 at 05:39:38:
Naaaaa, you guys are wimps!  Grin

It was down to 94 yesterday with humidity in the 90% range. I wear a pretty thick jacket and gloves and FF helmet. I rode for 77 miles and didn't break a sweat. Ya gotta get used to it.

You're dehydrated,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #37 - 07/13/16 at 07:23:25

I ride in 100+, not saying it's comfy, but I ain't dying
Leather unvented jacket, no liner
the mesh jacket is hotter, above 95 and at speed
above 95 wind chill works in reverse, and evaporative cooling isn't efficient enough to keep up, especially in high humidity (swamp fan don't work in Houston)

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #38 - 07/13/16 at 08:18:15

Dave wrote on 07/13/16 at 05:55:08:
I believe in ATGATT, and I really should find a mesh jacket that can offer protection.  My jackets are all suitable for cooler weather and have zip in liners......I need to find something that is really made for hot weather riding and has good airflow.

I used to not have a hot weather jacket, but after being "encouraged" by this forum I finally got one and wear protection (get your mind out of the gutter) in terms of a jacket all of the time now. I must admit I do wear a polo style helmet for most of my around town riding because I can hear and see traffic better, but not opposed to my FF if I think the situation warrants it.

I have this jacket for warm weather riding at the recommendation of someone here last year. Has "fair" protection in back, shoulders, elbows and good mesh venting. Better than just a t-shirt!

Mens-Velocity-Mesh-Jacket-Silver-Gray-1254-0602.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #39 - 07/13/16 at 08:40:44

I like protection. I wear a jacket regardless of temps.( but we rarely see it in the 90's here).
What happens here is youll need a jacket and liner in the morning and take the liner out in the afternoon and it's still hotter than hades.
The faster you get the wind rolling thru the better off you are tho. Not much city riding here so you can get out there in the wind and stay there.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #40 - 07/13/16 at 09:40:02

If it weren't for a leather jacket, I'd have been torn to shreds. The pants haven't been as much of an issue. I just wear jeans. I wear logger boots too. The biggest drawback is that tall heel may make your joints vulnerable. I wonder if that sprained knee doesn't have something to do with it.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #41 - 07/13/16 at 11:08:12

My jacket is all mesh except for the pockets. The heat retention comes from the pads at elbows, shoulders and back. But I very rarely ride without it on. It is not a whole bunch of protection but it is better than riding in just a shirt. I got it very cheap from Jafrum.

I only wear the leather jacket when it gets cold. And the colder it get the more protected I am because the number of layers under the jacket increases. Yeah, I bought the leather jacket about one size too big to make room for the layers. I also got the textile insulated riding pants from Jafrum. They offer protection from the cold as well as from the fall. I just need warmer gloves.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #42 - 07/13/16 at 11:58:44

Just now figured out the rattle as I was coming back from lunch. The headlight is rattling. It took me a while to figure out cause I kept reaching with my left hand and pressing against the glass or the left side of the bucket and the noise continued. Well I finally reached over to the right side of the bucket and the noise stopped, let go and it started again. I'll try to take care of it tonight if I get home early enough. It must be an intermittent rattle though, cause I can't hear it when I am on the highway. Wink

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 07/13/16 at 16:55:22

Duct tape,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #44 - 07/13/16 at 20:40:44

I'd rather do something other than duct tape. But if that is what it takes, so be it.

Oh yeah, on my way to lunch I found it is easy to lock up the rear wheel. I goosed it to make the light and then the traffic came to an abrupt stop. I grabbed a handful of front brake and I guess just a bit too much rear brake. No big deal though, reminded me of when I was a young kid and would purposely lock up the rear tire on my bicycle. As long as you do not get hurt it is actually fun/interesting to  Smileyexperience new things on the bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 14:22:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Not riding too much lately

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.