The family that rides (Read 52 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
The family that rides
06/03/14 at 08:35:50

I am rather proud of my wife. Today... for the first time my wife rode her own bike ( Vstar 650) to work. (with me on my Vstar 1100). We work on the same campus, but often our hours conflict enough that riding in the same car becomes a pain. I have been riding a bike to work for several years now, starting on my Savage.. as ( and still) the perfect commuter bike.

This was only about the 4th time my wife had ridden her new bike.. and actually only about the 10th ever to ride a bike on her own. I have to say she really is a daredevil.. I have no doubt she could have been there Amelia Earhart, telling her to get in line and "come on!". In fact yesterday was her first time to put gas in a bike.

This is also the first time I have gotten my son to ride on the back of my bike. He really has  that "teen age" issue of being seen with dad and being in the "pregnant dog seat" was just NOT his idea of cool. But if he wated a ride to school today... it was that or walking. Same thing tomorrow and any day that I can ride to work.

Today was also my first use of my new seat.. a Mustang combo, with the back rests studs and all that blingage! I love the way the new seat changes my stance to the bike and it really adds confidence to my control of the bike. Funny how a seat can do that. Though I have to say.. its a bit wide if you put your feet down. The whole seat thing was my main reason to move away from my little savage. I just could not see putting a $400 seat on a $1500 bike.

Yall keep the rubber side down!
Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The family that rides
Reply #1 - 06/03/14 at 09:10:45

What?... no pic?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #2 - 06/03/14 at 16:39:38

That's great, Pine. You sound really proud of your missus. Good on her  Cool
My other half has been riding, off and on, for ages. But she's got her second wind the last year or so, doing bigger rides, pushing a bit harder. She threw her Monster down the road a while back, picked it up and got back on the horse. Rides to work sometimes and enjoys a spin in the hills. I love riding with my wife. We're planning a week away riding in Tasmania this summer.
Went camping with the kids a few weeks ago with the kids and took dirt bikes with. The older one (nearly 18) can ride her mum's XT ok, and it was the younger ones (8) first time on her sister's PeeWee. She took to it like a duck to water and in no time the two sisters were doing trail loops while the lazy parents leaned back and relaxed. The older sister is very good at taking care of the little one. I'm proud of them.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 06/03/14 at 19:16:00

Very cool, my wife has been talking about riding for a few years but I haven't gotten her to actually devote any time to give it a try. Maybe in the future.....

Maybe I should just sign her up for an MSF course and hand her the paid slip, she can't throw money away being the frugal gal she is LOL   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/03/14 at 23:06:12

ToesNose wrote on 06/03/14 at 19:16:00:
Maybe I should just sign her up for an MSF course and hand her the paid slip, she can't throw money away being the frugal gal she is LOL   Cheesy

That'll work....   I'd go... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 06:36:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › The family that rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.