Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
APA (American Poolplayer Association) Championship (Read 30 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
APA (American Poolplayer Association) Championship
06/02/14 at 07:30:44

Just wanted to toot my own horn..... well all 8 of our horns. Our little Pool Team the "Smokin' Shots" has won the 2014 Bluewater Bay League Team Championship and have earned a spot in the APA championship play offs in VEGAS in Aug.

We earned our spot playing against 36 other teams that qualified to play in this regional tournament and we now have to face all the other teams champions.

I love the game of pool (billiards) and usually don't pass up the opportunity to play on any tables I come across .... guess its my little addiction...

Thanks for listenin', here are the guys...minus our one gal, she had to work but we will get more photo's tonight as the next season has already started....no rest for the weary.

« Last Edit: 06/02/14 at 12:19:26 by old_rider »  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: APA (American Pool Association) Championship
Reply #1 - 06/02/14 at 07:46:24

she had to work ,,,

Yea, yea,, right,., like I believe that,, you buncha sexists made her take the picture,,

Copngrats on winning, Im sure thats a fun kinda league. We did bowling leagues for a while,,but it got kinda stressful instead of fun, so,, we stopped. Ive always liked pool, never have managed to run a table, BUT, I Did manage to hold a table all nite at a bar once, Didnt lose that nite,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 06/02/14 at 10:19:06

Congratz!!!

I dont see anyone in that pic that qualifies as an "Old_rider"....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 06/02/14 at 11:39:55

Heh.... naw... league operator took that photo...his phone camera sux..

Jen is a manager at a local pizza business and is pretty much on call for anything.... she got called away once on sat. and was there for two matches on sun...but had to leave again.

If we go to vegas I hope she can come with....  most folks find it hard to cut people loose from their businesses for 3-6 days down here. High turn around jobs, but the ones that stay get worked to death.

I'll fill in some more details tonight after our league play.... was a very hectic time after the tournament....rules were read .... slacks....who wears slacks?? shoes.... are you kiddin' me? we are from florida...who wears shoes? soooo many little details, we just signed the paper and got the heck out of there to go celebrate... the league gives us some cash toward travel and hotel... not sure its going to be enough though...hope the bar owner can throw in some to assist.... after all we are giving her free advertising....

Oh... got the name old_rider from some of the youngin's I used to hang with... been riding for over 40+ years, twice as long as some of them have been alive Smiley I'm in the lower left peeking around the bracket board...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: APA (American Poolplayer Association) Champion
Reply #4 - 06/02/14 at 13:29:41

Jen is a manager at a local pizza business and is pretty much on call for anything.... she got called away once on sat. and was there for two matches on sun...but had to leave again.

You guys need to keep a CLOSE eye on the opposition. You dont know that THEY arent having people call in orders &/or working to create
"issues" at the pizza joint to force her to leave! OHHH the treacheries! Ohh the conspiracies,, OHHHH the dangers of competition!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 06/02/14 at 13:49:40

LOL! naw...one of her other managers didn't order enough dough....happens all the time...so she had to go get some from another store... 1 hour away....

The weekend was pretty hectic.... we started sat. morning at 10am and did not win our final match until 10pm sunday night.

We were actually considered as underdogs... most times most of the guys just have a good night once in awhile...we all put our heads into the game and we took it home!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/02/14 at 13:54:07

.one of her other managers didn't order enough dough....happens all the time.

Ah HA!,, Ya need to get a look at her financial statements,, why,, that no good may be gettin PAID to not take care o bidniss!  Ya cant trust anyone any more, man,,
We need an emoticon of the old Spy vs. Spy guys from Mad Magazine,, thatd go here real well.. Smiley

Glad you guys had fun & WON,, winning seems to always make things more fun,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 00:30:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › APA (American Poolplayer Association) Championship

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.