Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Made in Transilvania, the rebuild of a 1992 Savage (Read 464 times)
paulmocan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Transilvania
Re: Made in Transilvania, the rebuild of a 1992 Sa
Reply #15 - 03/26/14 at 14:45:26

I also worked on a different disk rotor, that's based on a KTM model. I adjusted the size and the mounting holes to fit the savage. I didn't get around at getting it cut, but If any of you are interested, let me know, and I'll be happy to send you the template.

IP Logged
paulmocan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Transilvania
Reply #16 - 03/26/14 at 14:54:12

So, I'm back on track.
Things started coming together this week. Some very important parts arrived. The K&N RC-1250 Air Filter is finally here, the timing chain is here (I had to order a new one, because the old one was past due), handlebar, new tires, the parts got back from powder coating, etc... Busy week.
Here are some pictures. I got around at lowering the front by 55mm, and hopefully tomorrow, the engine will be closed, timing and everything aligned. I also modified the chain tensioner, adding an extra hole, but it is not in this set of pictures. I'm working with a friend, who is a KTM mechanic, on the tougher parts like getting the timing right. Here are some pictures with the progress.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 03/26/14 at 15:37:19

when we discussed my disc pattern, there was some concern about having the holes too large.  And I've seen similar discussions elsewhere.
That's why I used the 3/16" holes.

Those look substantially larger.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 03/27/14 at 05:25:28

paulmocan wrote on 03/26/14 at 14:45:26:
I also worked on a different disk rotor, that's based on a KTM model. I adjusted the size and the mounting holes to fit the savage. I didn't get around at getting it cut, but If any of you are interested, let me know, and I'll be happy to send you the template.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B3CoUn9dGkYfRlJxXzBrZzFfN0E/Disc Frana.png

So.....what kind of metal do you have it cut from?  Whenever I watch how they make this stuff in a factory, they always cut it from some kind of base material that is soft....then do heat treating to make it hard.  I am not sure how you would get this done on a single part.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
paulmocan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Transilvania
Reply #19 - 07/28/14 at 01:30:18

It has been a while since my last post, but I just wanted to share with you where I got with the project.
Here are a couple of pictures of what it looks like.
I will try to take things further in the next weeks, but nothing major until winter.
Cheers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 00:04:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Made in Transilvania, the rebuild of a 1992 Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.