Ignition switch swap? (Read 395 times)
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: Ignition switch swap?
Reply #45 - 12/08/13 at 16:35:44

It was a zero. I'm going to write the number on the plastic cover on the back of the ignition in Magic Marker.  Someone should make a Hallmark movie about a guy and his broken bike. The possibilities for plot twists and AHA! moments and self-discovery are endless. HA!

All my parts have arrived from Partsfish and I'm ready to start re-assembling.  Time to fish around the archives for re-assembly hints and tricks.   Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 12/09/13 at 21:57:36

Man, write that number on a card & tape it to a wall in the garage/shop.
Ive got all kindsa stuff taped up in the shop.,tree pruning stuff, extension cord requirements, length/gauge/current capacity, filters for oil & fuel for things, replacement parts for the lawnmower,, Ive got a library taped up,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
swedishbiker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Växjö Sweden
Reply #47 - 12/10/13 at 01:42:56

Interesting tread.
I did buy a tank for my flames paint and the tank come without a key. 30 years ago I did work as locksmith so I knew how to do.
It took a few second to open the lock. I took a feeler gauge and grind it so i fit the key slot, thats all Smiley My 8 years old boy could pick it also when he did see how Smiley
My bikes steering lock cylinder had the same key profile but I put it back empty, don't need to lock the tank.

14365412   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 12/10/13 at 08:24:07

I took a feeler gauge and grind it so i fit the key slot, thats all Smiley My 8 years old boy could pick it also when he did see how Smiley

Thats gonna go down hard for some folks here..After seeing what that locksmith did & watching some TV I had a shot at picking a few small, cheap locks, really, just turn the cylinder a little then rake a small wire across the pins. Theyll go to their spot & jam up, cylinder will twitch a hair, keep rakin till all the pins find their spot & Shazzam! Its open,,
I did that for my boss on some desks he bought, came w/o keys & drawers locked. Small flat blade & a paper clip.
Now, as for Making a key? Id Like to be able,, for sure,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:27:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ignition switch swap?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.