led lamps (Read 87 times)
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
led lamps
11/28/13 at 10:24:18

again, I welcome you guys! I don't like stock headlight on Savage... I thought about the possible replacement the lamp to led lamp. for example http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-Auto-H4-120-SMD-LED-Birne-Licht-Strahler-Weis-Nebel...

some of you already have experience of use of similar led lamps? how much better/worse? your opinions?

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: led lamps
Reply #1 - 11/28/13 at 10:35:54

The glare from these kinds of bulbs is probably illegal.  They are not DOT approved.  The reflector in most headlights like ours requires a point source of light.  These things throw light all over the place.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #2 - 11/30/13 at 00:55:01

thanx Gyrobob! I checked... about that lamps in our laws  nothing wrote but I won't install them into headlight of my babe . I may be going to install these lamps in additional lights(anti-fog)

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #3 - 11/30/13 at 04:54:23

That might be a good use for them.  If you really do want them to help you out in the fog, though, make sure they are really precise with keeping light well below level.  The big deal with true fog lights is they don't light up the fog in the way of what you need to see in front of you.  They keep the light down low so you can slow down in real fog and see 20 or 30 feet in front of you.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 11/30/13 at 05:00:00

I put a set of these on my riding mower.  Sounds goofy, but the crappy lighting system on that mower is pretty weak, so taking out the incandescent bulbs and substituting the large LED lamps uses less electricity, but now the light output is amazing.  Less amperage, more light.  I can actually mow in the evening now.  That is a nice benefit in Georgia in the summer,.....  getting out of the sun, and mowing in 75 degree air instead of 95 degrees.

These bulbs do throw light EVERYWHERE, though, so I suspect putting them in a street vehicle would probably not only be illegal, but it would not please other drivers at all.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:38:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › led lamps

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.