Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Coming economic meltdown? (Read 211 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Coming economic meltdown?
06/17/12 at 14:40:15

I foresee troubling times, times that require preparation in all areas of life.
Ive watched the "progress" of America since I was 12, I am 57. Ive watched things done that made no sense, things done by intelligent people, things that they had to be able to see the end result, I did, but they did them anyway, while the people stood against them, I see debt growing, wars fought that are meaningless to the people., & treachery from every point on the compass.. Do you? Are things desperate as I see them or are things generally okay? Can we "tweak" the direction of America & get back on track or do we need to spin the wheel like we are trying to keep the ship of state off the iceberg? Are we headed for a cliff or are we just on a bumpy road?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Coming economic meltdown?
Reply #1 - 06/17/12 at 16:06:33

Meltdown is coming -- debt ratio is completely out of sight and no matter which goober we elect the day of reckoning must come eventually.

Our dollar supply is grossly too large to match our country's falling net GNP and the only thing propping this situation up is the dollar is still the "default" global currency.   This is changing however as gold is becoming a preferred global currency and gold is now what OPEC wants for its oil and China wants for manufactured goods.

Europe is going to shake off some of its weak sisters and the Euro will stabilize afterwards at some level.   Our dollar will be 'adjusted' during this same natural process.

We Americans will come out in the end "ok" but just that, ok.   All us boomers aren't going to see the golden age retirement we had hoped for, but if we bought some land or metal with our dollars last year we will be better off than if we didn't.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 06/17/12 at 16:17:25

Everyone is aware that the Euro is sitting on the edge of ruin, but no one seems to notice it takes more than a dollar to buy one,, that being the case, what does that say about the dollar? Less valuable than a currency on its death bed??

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 06/17/12 at 16:34:28

To fix the economy the first 2 things that need to be none is stop the wars put our troops on the Mexican border and make credit cards illegal most people and the young people for sure can't handle them right and the interest is unbelievable on them.I haven't had a credit card in 40 years,Wife got one once and after about 6 month I tore it up.I read some were when you buy gas with a credit card it cost you 6 cents a gallon more.All that money gos to the big banks.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/17/12 at 18:09:04

The big picture, as I understand it,.. is that it truly is a global economy, and so,... ours is not the only currency/debt/ credit in turmoil...
Most all the first world countries are in similar situations...
Even China is doing it's own crazy accounting with currency and inflation...

Talk about "Too big to fail"... it's the whole world...

Eventually,.. all the countries of the world will need a "bailout" from the real rulers... Global corporations... and they'll get one.  Because without us consuming their cr@p,.. GE, Archer Daniels Midland, Monsanto, Exxon, and the Kohl brothers will loose everything...

Whatever money we have left, will become the going rate for what we need,... because it has too... It's all there is...

Tuff nuts...

It's all about balance... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/17/12 at 22:03:24

YOure So close to getting it Row. Youre just Riiiight There,, but not quite.
Its not just that is is a Global economy, its how it came to be that way. & its not just that bailouts are gonna be needed, its why it came to be that way,
Nafta? REally? WHY? It was obviously a bad idea.
Repeal Glass Steagal? WHY? It was obviously a bad idea.
Invade Iraq? Why? Because Saddam wanted to stop taking dollars for oil?
Gadaffi? Wanted no dollars & had no need for World Bank $$$.

Look into
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man,

Letter: Economic hit man tells some tales
Chico Enterprise-Record
Posted:   06/16/2012 01:06:17 AM PDT

"U.S. corporatocracy" is the term John Perkins uses in his book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" (available at the library) to describe how countries are now controlled by a coalition of the U.S. government, banks such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund and U.S.-based international corporations.

He had a lot of courage to write this book considering heads of state that have not gone along with our government and the U.S.-based international companies' suggestions have met with an early death defined as accidental.

He describes his experience of going into other countries like Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other strategically located countries and convincing them to take out huge loans for infrastructure and make sure that U.S. corporations were used for the construction. The huge loans will probably never be repaid but the countries came under the control of the U.S. government, World Bank and other U.S. aid agencies. In many cases the environment was permanently damaged.

His book gives a good brief history of our intervention in other countries' well-being and suggests our actions make a lot of people hate America and could even lead to some of them becoming terrorists.

I expect Iran to be next on the hit list because of its strategic location, water and oil resources.

— Norm Dillinger, Chico

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 06/18/12 at 08:32:08

Serowbot wrote on 06/17/12 at 18:09:04:
The big picture, as I understand it,.. is that it truly is a global economy, and so,... ours is not the only currency/debt/ credit in turmoil...
Most all the first world countries are in similar situations...
Even China is doing it's own crazy accounting with currency and inflation...

Talk about "Too big to fail"... it's the whole world...

Eventually,.. all the countries of the world will need a "bailout" from the real rulers... Global corporations... and they'll get one.  Because without us consuming their cr@p,.. GE, Archer Daniels Midland, Monsanto, Exxon, and the Kohl brothers will loose everything...

Whatever money we have left, will become the going rate for what we need,... because it has too... It's all there is...

Tuff nuts...

It's all about balance... Huh...

There is a conspiracy nut out there saying the same thing BUT with a horrible little twist...
So everyones currency goes to pot.. therefore obviously government cant be trusted to oversee currency... (just like with the Fed a private corp).. so what to do? Why have a corp or several create a "private currency". They will gladly buy your worthless government fiat for their corporate fiat... everyone will jump in.. The corporate will promise to be better at fiscal control.

all fixed... well as long as you were't really using that liberty stuff anyway...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/18/12 at 09:03:03

There was about a 50 year period, dates prior to 1913, when we had goob created money, outrageous & consistent growth in America, the % unemployed was low, people were getting wealthier.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #8 - 06/18/12 at 18:31:21

If you are really and honestly worried...

Plant gardens, raise chickens, buy a cow, stock up on essentials...and I hate to say this...but, buy ammo.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/18/12 at 19:48:49

and I hate to say this...but, buy ammo.

who do you think you're going to have to shoot?

IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #10 - 06/18/12 at 20:05:55

Starlifter wrote on 06/18/12 at 18:31:21:
If you are really and honestly worried...

Plant gardens, raise chickens, buy a cow, stock up on essentials...and I hate to say this...but, buy ammo.

I have thought about a cow. Goat would be easier but I can't stand the taste of goat milk.

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/18/12 at 20:29:12

WebsterMark wrote on 06/18/12 at 19:48:49:

People who didnt prepare.

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #12 - 06/19/12 at 04:45:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/12 at 20:29:12:

People who didn't prepare.

Wise words.

Talk about Zombies.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 06/20/12 at 10:30:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/12 at 20:29:12:

People who didnt prepare.

Nope... People that prepared more that you...
They'll have more guns and bullets than you, and will want your stuff... because you have it...
Those who didn't prepare, will just wait for all the gun nuts to kill each other off...
I doubt it will take very long... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/20/12 at 11:20:47

Nope, those who didnt prepare will be gone in a matter of weeks, those who did will stay in their places & protect them from the hungry hordes.,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/05/24 at 21:33:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Coming economic meltdown?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.