Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Various light bulb part numbers and sizes (Read 662 times)
feelinjunky

No Comment

NJ
Various light bulb part numbers and sizes
12/11/10 at 16:05:35

I looked all over and can't find the size of the lights in the speedometer (turn signal indicators, high beam, backlight, neutral light). Also, I couldn't find a conclusive size for the turn signals and license plate light. If anyone knows the sizes, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

« Last Edit: 07/14/12 at 12:36:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Misc light bulb sizes
Reply #1 - 12/11/10 at 18:41:38

turn signals: 1156 (rear) & 1157 (front)
Tail: 1157
Headlight: H4 55/60 watt
Speedo: A14v3w, looks like a xmas tree bulb, wedge type base.
The Highbeam light is 14v,1.7w with a T6.5 base (may be the same base as above)

« Last Edit: 03/07/24 at 08:11:55 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
bobthekerr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/18/14 at 21:02:53

verslagen1 wrote on 12/11/10 at 18:41:38:

I have to replace my speedo bulb as well, I believe somewhere on this site it was recommended that I get a 194 bulb, but I got them from my local Advance Auto Parts store, and they far too large. They seem to have the same wedge "style", but alas are a few millimeters too large.

I called them back after reading this thread and asked about a 14v3w bulb and they could not locate one in their inventory.

Then I check an OEM site for the specs and I see this:
http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/oem-parts/SUZUKI/1995/SAVAGE-650-_-LS650P/SP...

It states a   BULB (12V,3W) | MODEL GMODEL J/K/L/M/N/P  So, I'll check back with them tomorrow after I can bring the original burnt out bulb and see what's up.

IP Logged
bobthekerr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/19/14 at 10:24:11

bobthekerr wrote on 08/18/14 at 21:02:53:
verslagen1 wrote on 12/11/10 at 18:41:38:

I have to replace my speedo bulb as well, I believe somewhere on this site it was recommended that I get a 194 bulb, but I got them from my local Advance Auto Parts store, and they far too large. They seem to have the same wedge "style", but alas are a few millimeters too large.

I called them back after reading this thread and asked about a 14v3w bulb and they could not locate one in their inventory.

Then I check an OEM site for the specs and I see this:
http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/oem-parts/SUZUKI/1995/SAVAGE-650-_-LS650P/SP...

It states a   BULB (12V,3W) | MODEL GMODEL J/K/L/M/N/P  So, I'll check back with them tomorrow after I can bring the original burnt out bulb and see what's up.

I was looking at the wrong model type for the 12v3w bulb. Verslagen is correct, it's a 14v3w bulb. Some of my local Advance Auto Part store don't carry them, but cycle shops should.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Various light bulb part numbers and sizes
Reply #4 - 08/19/14 at 11:57:45

If you know what bulb you need...you can most likely find an LED version from these folks.  I bought the LED bulbs to use in my turn signal conversion from these folks...and they work great in my application.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/

Dave

« Last Edit: 03/07/24 at 07:05:51 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/24/21 at 19:26:29

@Dave you're probably going to hate me for necro posting, but this thread seems to be the most thorough testing of LED bulb replacements for the stock housing on the site. I know there have been various replies throughout the forums since this thread died which recommend H4 led bulbs, and I plan to go searching for the answer. Does it matter anymore? Are most created equal in 2021? (Bold claim I know)

But, is there a consensus on which brand(s)/part number today can replace a halogen H4 for an LED AND meet all the street reqs (throw, cutoff, vibration, etc)? If so, thoughts on adding it to the resource/ToC section?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 08/25/21 at 04:09:19

They are not all created equal - there still is a lot of crap being sold.

For the best value bulb that has a good light pattern - I like the Lasfit bulbs.  They have an internal driver so you don't have to deal with fitting and extra box into the headlight.  They come in pairs for cars - so you get 2 bulbs......you either have a spare or need to find a friend to split the purchase with you.  The only downside of this light with the internal driver is that you get some light flicker at low rpm - and it can affect FM radio reception.  This is the bulb I use when space is an issue.
https://www.lasfit.com/products/h4-9003-hb2-led-headlight-high-low-beam-la-se...

The absolute best bulb is the Cyclops.  It is big and has an external driver.....I am not sure it will fit into the stock Savage headlight bucket.  I have this bulb in my Cafe' bike with the larger headlight bucket and it is amazing.....I have the H7 version in one of my other bikes for both the low and high beams.
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_19...

IP Logged
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/25/21 at 15:39:05

Dave wrote on 08/25/21 at 04:09:19:
...it can affect FM radio reception.

That almost sounds like a fun purchase just to experiment 😉 Full disclosure, I'm buy a new housing, but sticking with the 5.75" size so I anticipate the same or comparable space.

Thanks for the reply.

IP Logged
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/28/22 at 08:11:47

Just to follow up on this, the Lasfit bulbs are great.

I have an aftermarket 5.75 bucket (link below) on my bike which is a tad smaller than the stock one, but the Lasfit bulbs fit and work great. The throw/pattern is good and it's significantly brighter than the halogen bulb.

https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/products/cycle-standard-5-3-4-diameter-chrome-...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 05/28/22 at 09:50:21

Necroposting, brilliant! I'm stealing that, if I can remember it when I need it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 03/07/24 at 03:41:08

Bumping this thread so others can see it.  It is good information.

« Last Edit: 03/07/24 at 07:07:32 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 02:54:55

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Various light bulb part numbers and sizes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.