babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
New Computer
05/14/10 at 18:50:47

Well, I'm playing with my new laptop.  A Dell Inspiron 15.  Nice so far, but I keep hitting keys and some crazy sh!t happens... lol  Anybody else got one of these jewels?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: New Computer
Reply #1 - 05/14/10 at 20:03:17

Aren't you missing a couple of digits? My daughter just got an Inspiron 1545 to replace her E1505 that was acting up. She got a purple one & so far is getting used to Windows 7. No complaints yet. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 05/15/10 at 15:50:11

I'm currently using, and have been for almost the last two years, a Dell Studio 1535. Still running Vista, but that doesn't bother me, my biggest problem with any laptop has always been dragging fingers on the mousepad from time to time. For the laptop at home, I bought a wireless mouse and use it over 90% of the time and don't have as many issues any more.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #3 - 05/17/10 at 19:33:35

Crazy stuff being what?  Like mysterious keys being pressed when you have not?

It could be that you hand or clothing is grazing the touchpad.  Download the latest touchpad driver and set sensitivity... I've seen this issue on other dell laptops.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 05/18/10 at 07:47:09

Yea, I figured out that I was dragging my hand on the pad.  Its wider than my old one was.  But that's also how I learned how to scroll up-down, left-right, and even reduce/enlarge, just by touching the pad in the right place.  Cool features.

Ridge, it is a 1545, but the 15" was basically my point.  There are differences in the 15xx's - processors, etc, but I just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

So far, we like it alot.  Very fast.  Beautifully clear.  Its almost too shiny though, the outer case, and even along the sides of the keyboard are so shiny, every little fingerprint shows.  But I will get used to it....    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #5 - 05/18/10 at 09:10:40

My lap top is at toshiba satellite pro 4600,about 10 years old slow but got it free so can't complain.
Clive W Smiley

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #6 - 05/18/10 at 09:11:59

i got a 1505, love it!

mine does same thing with mouse pad, the slightest touch while typing and the whole paragraph i was writing is gone..

running windows 7, BTW there is bios update for 1505 that allows windows 7 (freeeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeee)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 14:15:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Computer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.