Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fuel in oil (Read 4 times)
s40-Rob
Ex Member

fuel in oil
01/22/06 at 16:04:24

Took a ride and while pulled over to get gas, noticed oil blown all over side of engine. Checked oil, over full, so brought home an oil comparator and found fuel in oil. Anyone have ideas? Bike has 930 miles.

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: fuel in oil
Reply #1 - 01/22/06 at 17:17:19

The air box has a connection to both the carb and the crankcase.  That's the only path I see other than flowing past the rings of the piston.

I guess it's possible that the float failed, gas filled the airbox, and flowed into the crankcase through either path.  

Obviously, you need to change the oil and filter. I'd check the carb, too.

Steve

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 01/22/06 at 18:06:01

If the petc0ck fails it will do that - it let's fuel run down the vac line straight into intake path - this soaks past the rings as it is parked and you have to much "oil" - the float could do as well. pull the vac line that goes from the carb to the back side of the petc0ck after it has been parked a bit - does it have any fuel in it?  

you said it only has 930 miles? - what year is it?

IP Logged
s40-Rob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/22/06 at 18:10:32

It's an 05, in the shop now, as it is under warranty. Funny thing is I had just left the shop as I am thinking of trading in for the C50. As soon as running again I think that I will be even more inclined to head that way.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 01/22/06 at 18:32:20

s40-Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
It's an 05, in the shop now, as it is under warranty. Funny thing is I had just left the shop as I am thinking of trading in for the C50. As soon as running again I think that I will be even more inclined to head that way.

dang petc0ck diaphram is likely defective

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #5 - 01/22/06 at 19:03:27

s40-Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:

You might want to give that little S40 a chance. These bikes are super reliable and tons of fun. Nothing wrong with a C50 however. If you plan on touring a bit, the C50 might be a better choice. If most of your riding is around town, the S40 is hard to beat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 02:31:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › fuel in oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.