Hidden Tail Light (Read 137 times)
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Hidden Tail Light
02/18/04 at 04:19:20

I have the basic Tahoe model T-Bag , like this "Expandable Tahoe" except mine does not expand (I guess mine discontinued?). So mine is always just about 7.5 inches deep.

When I put it on the luggage rack, it extends over the end of the rack about 1-1.5 inches, and that sags down a bit, and I think it hides the tail light just a tiny bit, more so for those sitting higher up in an SUV or truck. Other riders behind me have said it seems OK.

I know I can put the T-Bag on the pillion seat, but the short sissy bar makes it not attach too securely, so I'm working on that. What I am interested in is a way to firm up / extend the luggage rack to prevent the sagging.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gerry

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Re: Hidden Tail Light
Reply #1 - 02/18/04 at 04:58:41

JP Cycles has a tail light that might be useful -   Quote:
Lucas Type Taillight with Die-cast Bracket
This universal fender mounted taillight assembly features a chrome die-cast taillight/license plate bracket and a 12-volt Lucas type taillight.

I've bought one but have yet to put it on - it 'fits' under the fender where the license bracket is and will give you a brake light/license light.  Some modification is needed (the OEM license bracket uses 3 bolts - the Lucas has one hole that matches the middle bolt - drilling out the other two holes should not be that difficult).  For $30+tax it may be a way to go.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 04:18:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hidden Tail Light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.