Send Topic Print
No guns? (Read 128 times)
TheBabyDerp

Love to ride and
travel.

Mobile, Alabama
Re: No guns?
Reply #15 - Yesterday at 11:26:15

I would also like to take a moment to mention some good the Church has done. The Crusades were a net positive. Islamic hordes tried to take over Europe. I can assure you, that an Islamic west would be much more oppressive over your life than what Europe has now. At minimum, you should thank the Church for it's role on protecting the West.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #16 - Yesterday at 11:57:46

TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 11:23:54:
We aren't "organized crime". The Church is the largest charity organization. We have built more hospitals than any other group. The church did correct itself, but we have other issues now unrelated to child abuse.

Yes. Almost every faith claims to be right. I wasn't raised a Catholic, and all of this happened before I converted. Of course, us converts tend to be more zealous about our beliefs. Wink

When where you converted? This Afternoon?

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - Yesterday at 11:59:01

AQhh wait I understand, there was child abuse in your church.

IP Logged
TheBabyDerp

Love to ride and
travel.

Mobile, Alabama
Reply #18 - Yesterday at 11:59:55

I completed the conversion process this year, at Easter. Have a good night Smiley

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - Yesterday at 12:07:31

I said there was child abuse in your church but that is a mistake.There is child abuse in your church.

IP Logged
TheBabyDerp

Love to ride and
travel.

Mobile, Alabama
Reply #20 - Yesterday at 12:09:35

Nope, I have a life with better things to do than argue with retards on the internet.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - Yesterday at 12:17:58

The BABY derp?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - Yesterday at 12:36:46

TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 11:26:15:
I would also like to take a moment to mention some good the Church has done. The Crusades were a net positive. Islamic hordes tried to take over Europe. I can assure you, that an Islamic west would be much more oppressive over your life than what Europe has now. At minimum, you should thank the Church for it's role on protecting the West.

So what you're saying is your dogma is less oppressive than their dogma and we should thank you for that?

Gee... thanks

Why don't you agree with their dogma?
That would be crazy, right?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #23 - Yesterday at 13:11:05

[quote author=6C707D7A797A617C7D6A68180 link=1729458831/0#1 date=1729687851]who cares? you do realize this country was founded in revolution right? I really don't care. This doesn't effect who I am voting for in 2 weeks.

Trump all the way. As a devout Catholic, I cannot put my vote behind a Democrat.

makes sense for one who worships a religion that is led by a dictator would vote for a dictator wannabe

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #24 - Yesterday at 13:12:58

TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 12:09:35:
Nope, I have a life with better things to do than argue with retards on the internet.

insulting people who disagree with you is a prime example of your faith

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - Yesterday at 13:47:03

zevenenergie wrote on Yesterday at 11:17:36:
TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 10:51:43:
Cool story but:

It's far from a cool story.
And It is remarkable that believers always claim to be right because they adhere to a faith.

3. The Church has taken care of the the problem, and actively assists law enforcement. My diocese maintains a list and makes every single instance public. Even in cases that were 60 years ago, my diocese exposes them. The Church does not support sin. I am sorry if you were effected by bad actors within the Church.

Tanks I was not effected.

You can't expect organized crime to correct itself.

Zev, are you perfect ?
Without character or moral imperfections ?
The truthful answer is NO.
Every human on this planet is born with a corrupt nature, just like me and you.  It makes no difference whether or not you believe who Jesus is.
Imperfect people do things that are wrong, whether they attend a church, a mosk, a temple, etc.  Everyone is capable and will lie, cheat, steal, hate, murder, abuse, and many other crimes ( crime = sin = violating God’s laws ).  
Do you have some expectation that folks who believe in God are supposed to be perfect ?  
And because they are not, then that means that they are all liars who participate in a great rouge to try to convince all others that they are perfect ?  
A believer is not perfect, they are just an imperfect being who has been saved from the (final) death penalty that God has in store for unbelievers.  Like everyone, we live day to day trying to do our best.  We do some things well and other things not.  
Organizations don’t sin, individuals do that.
Just like you and I.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - Yesterday at 15:32:27

LANCER wrote on Yesterday at 13:47:03:
zevenenergie wrote on Yesterday at 11:17:36:
TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 10:51:43:
Cool story but:

It's far from a cool story.
And It is remarkable that believers always claim to be right because they adhere to a faith.

3. The Church has taken care of the the problem, and actively assists law enforcement. My diocese maintains a list and makes every single instance public. Even in cases that were 60 years ago, my diocese exposes them. The Church does not support sin. I am sorry if you were effected by bad actors within the Church.

Tanks I was not effected.

You can't expect organized crime to correct itself.

Zev, are you perfect ?
Without character or moral imperfections ?
The truthful answer is NO.
Your right i,m not.

Every human on this planet is born with a corrupt nature, just like me and you.  It makes no difference whether or not you believe who Jesus is.
We are not born like this, we become like this.

Imperfect people do things that are wrong, whether they attend a church, a mosk, a temple, etc.  Everyone is capable and will lie, cheat, steal, hate, murder, abuse, and many other crimes ( crime = sin = violating God’s laws ).
Do you murder steal and abuse? I don,t.

Do you have some expectation that folks who believe in God are supposed to be perfect ?
I think that people who believe in a god outside of themselves often have an ideal image of how Jesus or a clergyman should behave. And they want everyone to behave that way. I think that is a bad thing because it is unnatural.
Something like a clergyman who thinks he has to be celibate and his sexuality that is not transformed, finds a perverse way out. I think it is inherently wrong when someone shows artificial behavior.

And because they are not, then that means that they are all liars who participate in a great rouge to try to convince all others that they are perfect ?  

A believer is not perfect, they are just an imperfect being who has been saved from the (final) death penalty that God has in store for unbelievers.
Say what? 

Like everyone, we live day to day trying to do our best.  We do some things well and other things not.  
Organizations don’t sin, individuals do that.
Just like you and I.

I think you have no idea how widespread child abuse is in the church.
There is a huge denial on this subject. And these people are indeed organized. And there is practically no talk of individual cases within the church. It is a network. That is why so little is said about it and that it will never stop. It is an ideal cover for pedophiles.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - Yesterday at 15:51:11

A believer is not perfect, they are just an imperfect being who has been saved from the (final) death penalty that God has in store for unbelievers.

You can believe in God and adhere to a religion but that is worth nothing. Believing is just a metal activity and will really get you nothing. It only gives you a feeling that you are better than unbelievers that is all.
There is no transformation in this kind of belief, or a deep knowing or realization.
It is a cheap version of the real ting.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - Today at 02:42:26

Serowbot wrote on Yesterday at 12:36:46:
TheBabyDerp wrote on Yesterday at 11:26:15:

So what you're saying is your dogma is less oppressive than their dogma and we should thank you for that?
Yes. If  I rank oppressive dogma in order of three of the world’s major religions from high to low, it would be Islam, Progressive Liberalism and Roman Catholicism way down the list.
Gee... thanks

Why don't you agree with their dogma?
That would be crazy, right?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - Today at 02:55:06

zevenenergie wrote: I think it is inherently wrong when someone shows artificial behavior.

That’s ridiculous zevenergie and you don’t really believe that statement.

Artificial behavior as you call it, is what keeps society livable. I had a hectic driving day in Chicago yesterday, but my artificial official behavior reigned in my desire to run idiots off the road.

There were likely millions and millions of people in the world yesterday who’s natural behavior wanted them to inflict damage on someone else whether murder, assault theft, robbery, sexual abuse, etc…, (fill in the blank) but their artificial behavior kept them from doing that.

Frankly, your statements towards someone who was posting on the forum for their first time, could have used some artificial behavior in the form restraint but your natural d!ckish self came out a bit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/24/24 at 03:26:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No guns?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.