Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well,, isn't That interesting!?? (Read 55 times)
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Well,, isn't That interesting!??
10/10/24 at 14:57:54

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: Well,, isn't That interesting!??
Reply #1 - 10/10/24 at 21:52:47

How can anyone see that and not go WOW! A physics experiment with photons creates a symbol that has been around for a very long time. Frikken WOW..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/11/24 at 07:53:21

That's the Cheech and Chong symbol  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/11/24 at 16:17:49

I suppose if this was naturally occurring image of actual particles, which is impossible in the physical world so far - I'd be pretty impressed.  This is not an experiment that resulted in that image, they chose yin and yang and created it.  

Considering it's an artistic rendition using computational ghost imaging I'm not too sure what's so amazing about it.  The efficiency of their system is amazing, but the image itself could have been anything of their choosing as they simply put an image of the yin and yang into their processor.  This is an example of the application of image-encoding properties of quantum entanglement, but super fast by comparison.

Would have been way cooler if they used a picture of me.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 16:20:18 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - Yesterday at 16:25:40

So it seems I wasn't clear about the process.  So to save some other pm's I will post a different explanation:

They took a photo/image of the Yin/Yang symbol and used computational ghost imaging to replicate that image.  But extremely fast, like way faster than ever before.  The speed is pretty amazing.

It's basically having an artist spend a week to paint an image of your house by hand on canvas and then these guys come along with a machine that prints an image on film in 10 minutes.  

This is the quantum version of that.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #5 - Yesterday at 17:09:38

Well, I have not sent anything, and I appreciate your Attempt at explaining that. All I can say is, out of the Two explanations,, I understand None of them.
And that's okay. Plenty in this world is simply outside my grasp. Algebra,,
But I still pulled a B in college chemistry. Never balanced a redox  reaction, but I could figure out where the electron came from and where it went. Just couldn't prove it.

If you're going to explain something, and it's not too troubling, WTF  ARE Entangled photons? My understanding is that they can be entangled,, and miles apart.. IF that is true,, HOW?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - Today at 08:47:57

In this scenario a lot of people believed that the Yin/Yang symbol was a result of a quantum experiment.  As in it arose, unplanned, out of an experiment.

This is not true, they used a new technology to replicate the image of Yin/Yang that they placed into the processor.  

Its like taking a photograph in a pitch black room to see what shows up and seeing a Yin/Yang symbol when the film develops versus taking a picture of a Yin/Yang symbol with a new super-fast digital camera.

As for superposition and entanglement, there's got to be a video I can find that explains it much better than me.  That is an opinion for anyone that is uncapable of understanding what an opinion is.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 11:31:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Well,, isn't That interesting!??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.