About that fire.. (Read 10 times)
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
About that fire..
Today at 09:53:48

I've been debating on whether or not to post this. Seems the older I get the more concerned I am about fire. Seeing how much trouble, cost and loss, I'm painfully aware of where they are. Coupla laptops that only get used once a year, maybe,, don't need to keep them around. Two Kindles.  In the shop, an Ego weedeater, Biggo battery,, and a coupla old Craftsman batteries, for the 1/4" impact and drill. Now I'm kinda nervous about it. I know a guy who is super smart, and he told me to keep the Ego battery on the charger. It's sophisticated enough to not be damaged by overcharging.

What Caused that fire?

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: About that fire..
Reply #1 - Today at 12:14:10

I know what you mean. 4 weedeater batteries, 4 power tool batteries. 6 laptops floating around the house. Luckily, they are all rather small capacity batteries packs, so these are not high-energy batteries. For all the tool batteries, when not being used, they are not plugged into their devices.

i think that there are a few other things that can be done to minimize the risk.

I keep seeing stories of fires resulting from things like electric bicycles. Don't buy cheap no-name Chinese battery-powered crap.

Use only the charger provided and designed to be used with your specific battery. All the latest chargers have electronics designed to (hopefully) safely work with your battery and not stress or overcharge them.

Re: getting more cautious as we age. Me too! I think it's common. Activities and equipment that I didn't think twice about when younger, now cause concern. I think that as we age, our "invincibility" gene leaves us. We know and have seen what flirting with disaster can do.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:22:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › About that fire..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.