Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Missing the nice Fall riding weather! (Read 11 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Missing the nice Fall riding weather!
Today at 11:50:22

The colors are peaking in the Rocky Mountains and the weather is cooling down just a bit. Fall is typically my favorite season to ride here in Colorado, but I'm out of the saddle for a while  Undecided.

I've had severe arthritis in my right foot for several years but put off the surgery due to work and life events. Had two joint fusions with a bone graft done September 12th. I'm non weight-bearing for 10-12 weeks with an estimated 1-year full recovery. That's why I put it off for so long!

I knew there'd be screws and plates across the bones and joints, but what surprised me were the 8 cm long screws! One was put in from the heel and the other from the top. The surgeon says all the hardware is permanent.

Just checking in with y'all and vicariously enjoying your rides! Everyone be safe and watch for those slippery leaves in the twisties!

screwed_foot.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: Missing the nice Fall riding weather!
Reply #1 - Today at 11:50:44

Another angle.

screwed_foot_2.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Missing the nice Fall riding weather!
Reply #2 - Today at 12:52:45

looks perty bad !   Embarrassed

So your ankle don't move anymore ?    How would ya use the rear brake ?

Also , when ya drive the cage you have to do so "Left-Footed" ?

Is there not a place on your bike for the Crutches ?  ??  Huh

I'll do some extra "Fall Color Cruising" , enough for both of us !

This  morning I rode "following the wife" about 20 miles of back-roads to a place called "The Swiss Pantry" for their annual fall feasible with free donuts coffee and lots of arts and crafts venders .  Its a big enough deal that the Sheriff's dept controls traffic for them.  We had to bring separate vehicles.
Then
I rode about 30 miles of four lane road to the next town over for our Christian Motorcycle Association  lunch meeting.
Then
Took the long way home , by way of some "Realllllly lazzzzy" back roads - the 30-40 mph kind.  I think I like the Lazy Back-roads better anyway !   Especially with the leaves beginning to fall !!    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 15:44:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Missing the nice Fall riding weather!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.