Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: pure racism
Reply #15 - Today at 13:29:04

Serowbot wrote on Today at 11:57:01:
and the Civil War wasn't anything to do with slavery

It was about the STATES RIGHTS !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #16 - Today at 13:58:18

The Emancipation Proclamation would have been in the beginning of it IF slavery was The Driving Issue. But,logic isn't exactly what runs the minds of commies,so of course it's all about race.
Never mind the logical points I made regarding increasing the population of a place By Decree. If the population isn't derived organically, as in,to meet the Needs Of the society, then it's Imbalanced,, which is something you commies should understand.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - Today at 15:57:53

JOG is correct here.  Being from Haiti isn't the problem

Actually, it is part of the problem. It’s naïve to think you can bring in thousands people from a $hithole place like Haiti and not have a massive clash of culture. I have a relative who married a man from Haiti so I’m aware of the cultural differences. That’s why the story about the missing geese from parks and pet cats going missing didn’t surprise me at all.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - Today at 16:02:47

Slavery was the foundation. The slavery states evolved their way of life, laws, and concept of state rule during that period so the idea of states rights not being related to slavery just is not correct. Of course it was.

I’ve read dozens if not, hundreds of letters from both the north and the south troops to family back home and the slave issue is a regular topic. Keeping the Republic together was primary but slavery was almost always mentioned or referred to. There’s no way around that.

Not that states rights weren’t an issue worth discussing and didn’t have some role to play, but there’s no way around it: slavery was the foundational issue of the Civil War.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:26:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › pure racism

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.