Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Carburettor unstable performance (Read 85 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Carburettor unstable performance
Reply #15 - Yesterday at 09:18:59

Clean or replace the jets when in doubt.

Take a pic of the slide.  It sounds like it’s sticking from being worn/rough.  Take a pic so we can see how bad it looks.

If you flip the carb upside down, the slide won’t necessarily open completely.  The spring won’t compress enough for it to completely open.  If the slide won’t move at all when flipped upside down, it’s sticking.  It should at least move a little and clack around on the idle screw.  Be gently clacking it around.  The spring compression shouldn’t be strong enough to hold the slide completely closed.

Note: the spring acts more to help close the slide after you’ve rolled off the throttle.  It offers a little resistance when rolling on the throttle.  Most of the slide action is vacuum-driven (thus CV carb).

IP Logged
Bjorn
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Carburettor unstable performance
Reply #16 - Today at 11:24:48

Success! Thank you all for all advices, including Thumper Paul: my slide  work like you explained it should do.

I saw the main jet (size 125) and pilot jet (size 47,5 both are original "Europe-sizes" 1997) was dirty.

I changed both jets to:
main jet size 145 and pilot jet size 50,
everything now works perfect with my Dyna "open muffler".

My carburettor float bowl does not have the normal drain plug screw for easy draining during winter storage:
Maybe running the engine with the Yamaha petcock in off position until engine dies is good enough for long term storage?
+ using som "fuel stabilizer additive" in gasoline before winter storage? Like this:
https://www.thansen.no/scooter-mc/olje-rens-og-pleie/putoline-produkter/tilse...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:37:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carburettor unstable performance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.