Harley Recall (Read 10 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Harley Recall
Today at 05:12:15

I guessed oil leak before I clicked on the article.  Just a pesky electrical wire that needs some electrical tape to prevent a melt down.  I should have known it wasn’t an oil leak - those are just normal Harley problems.  Those are only a safety concern if you ride through your own oil spill (affecting Exxon Valdez models).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/recalls/2024/09/24/harley-davidson-...

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Harley Recall
Reply #1 - Today at 05:51:44

My wife’s first bike when she was 18 was a brand new ‘79 HD Sportster 1000.  I like to tease her that she had an AMC motorcycle.  She loved it, but will admit it had issues.  Her biggest beef was the tiny gas tank (she thinks it was like 2 gallons).  Of course, like every good Harley owner, you have to fix and customize things on the greatest motorcycle known to mankind (according to HD enthusiasts).  So she found a bigger gas tank that worked, and she toured through Texas and rode off into the sunset on many adventures.

I don’t know if I dislike Harley or if I’m jealous of the people that own them.  I won’t ever pay what a new one costs (even the cheapest model).

You see dudes with a new $40,000 bike, but they still have to “fix it”…. “Customize” ya know…

Mufflers
Handlebar
Seat
Turn signals
Train horns
Engine guard
Different control (maybe forward to back)

Yeah, I wish I had that kind of money to throw at a bike (guess you’d say I’m jealous).

The “M8” gang amuses me!  HD engineering finally catches up after decades and decides to use 4 valves per cylinder in their v-twins, and the M8 enthusiasts think they have something really special.  Of course, they have to swap in hot cams to try to keep up with the Japanese cruisers.

HD rant over….

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: Harley Recall
Reply #2 - Today at 06:34:25

you have to fix and customize things on the greatest motorcycle known to mankind

Duude,, you Didnt!  You make it sound,, I dunno,, dirty or something.. Bad,somehow..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:29:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Harley Recall

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.