Voodoo fab ride height (Read 48 times)
Sarge1977
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Voodoo fab ride height
09/22/24 at 20:03:24

hi all great website!
New guy here and I just scored a new to me bike and I’m currently waiting to pick it up, I’m thinking about doing the voodoo hardtail kit, but the pics all seem super low, does anyone know the ride height for they’re hardtail?
Thanks in advanced.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Voodoo fab ride height
Reply #1 - Yesterday at 05:58:20

Welcome to the forum.  It looks pretty low…

Not sure which height you’re interested in knowing - ground clearance, seat height, handlebar?

Based on the photos with the jack underneath, I’d say 3.5 - 4” ground clearance at the low point under the frame.  Seat height looks like 22-23” depending on the seat you install.  The dude in the photo looks about 5’9”ish and the seat is at the top of his belt line when he’s on a knee.  Maybe it’s only 18-20” seat height.  It sits a little higher than the “Big Wheel” I had as a kid.   Grin  Shocked

https://voodoovintage.com/products/suzuki-ls650-s40-savage-mk-33

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #2 - Yesterday at 06:22:40

If ya had it here, Longview, you'd be figuring ways around SpeedBumps.

Always wished those Big Wheels would have come out when I was a kid.

IP Logged
Sarge1977
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - Yesterday at 06:24:40

Thanks thumperpaul,
How stupid of me yes you nailed it,I meant ground clearance.
I think if it was a tad taller the kit would be better.
I just hate scraping on stuff.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - Yesterday at 10:21:43

JOG - You were a deprived child.  I'm sorry.   Embarrassed :'(

I think I went through 2 or 3 or 'em.  They should have come with extra plastic wheels.  I literally rode 'em til the wheels were ground down to nothing, and I was definitely dragging the bottom once those wheels wore toast.

Sorry - I'm going way off topic...  Cool

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #5 - Yesterday at 20:14:01

I'm so old,, I had a skateboard that had steel wheels. Didn't turn wurfaschitt,,

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #6 - Today at 03:55:39

JOG wrote on Yesterday at 20:14:01:
I'm so old,, I had a skateboard that had steel wheels. Didn't turn wurfaschitt,,

Cool.  Another random story….  My dad and another guy from his work invented and sold TileStix skateboards.  They were some of the hottest skateboards made in the 80s during the resurgence.  9 thin plies of birch glued and pressed together with some special polymer/adhesive they invented together at Van Leer Plastics.  Totally custom shapes, lengths, widths, wheel wells, etc…They were the chitt man!  They couldn’t make ‘em fast enough in the garage shop as a part time hobby business!

IP Logged
Sarge1977
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - Today at 04:35:35

Whaaaa? No way! Your dad and another cat invented those?
You guys are funny, 😆

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #8 - Today at 04:58:11

Sarge1977 wrote on Today at 04:35:35:
You guys are funny, 😆

We’re just random!  lol.  Hijacking your post with 50+ year old glory days stories…. I got a “free” board for washing the pep’s cars like 5 times.  Never got a sales commission for all those boards I promoted and got sold for ‘em. (Cheap bastards.)

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #9 - Today at 05:49:56

TileStix skateboards

Doesn't get me a picture. Hep me out..

Birch wood color/appearance
Heartwood tends to be a light reddish-brown, while the sapwood is nearly white. There is a slight difference in color according to the species of Birch.

It does not show any ring pattern that other hardwoods make during the growth of the tree.

Filed in the
ah did not know that section..

The good and bad

Birch Wood Advantages
Durability: Birch wood is known for its durability. It remains durable for a long time with less maintenance. Durability also depends on its maintenance.
Appearance: It is known for its reddish light-brown color. Also, due to its straight grain pattern, It presents a fine appearance.
Workability: Workability is great, Birch Wood can take up the stain and polish easily. So that it can be easily given the desired look.
Availability: Birch Wood is easily available all over the world. Some rare species are Virginia round-leaf birch, north of America, and graceful birch, native to Japan.
Affordable: Birch is less expensive than many other types of hardwood, such as oak.
Birch Wood Disadvantages
Susceptible to insect attack: Birch does not have any natural rot-resistant properties. Therefore it is not suitable for outdoor applications.
Crack: Birch wood is not suitable for wet seasons. When it dries, the wood starts cracking and wrapping. So The wood must be completely dry before use.
WeaK: Birch is a common material for furniture. But many constructors do not want to use it for structure building material. Because Birch has not as good load capacity as cypress, redwood, and pressure-treated lumber.
Color Change over time: Almost all wood changes its color due to continuous sunlight and weather change. Birchwood will become less ashy and develop a slightly yellow color. This can be a minor problem for those people who like the light natural color of birch wood.

https://www.timberblogger.com/birch-wood/

It's light, readily available (read: cheap?)

Commonly used for plywood,

Now, how does a guy go about buying it in 1/8" thick strips? I guess get with a plywood maker and buy some before they get to the Glue it together stage.
Where did you live when they did this?
The story of the creation of the glue and its particular qualities/properties that make it better than what was available sounds interesting. Did they sell it to 3M ?

I'm hoping the OP has gotten the answer to the question he wanted and doesn't mind the hijacking of his thread.

If I was going to do that hard-tail conversion I'd CONSIDER fork extensions and lacing in a taller rear rim.  Get a little more clearance? If you're going hard-tail, might as well go chopper, Heck,, put a springer front end on it, Since money is not a problem, right?
Build the sidestand mount so it mounts above the bottom tubes,
So nothing is below them.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #10 - Today at 06:21:47

Sarge1977 wrote on Today at 04:35:35:
You guys are funny, 😆

Whaaa? NoWaaay!! That guy is funny, and occasionally hits on something I might use.

I address your question in my rambling above. I think it would look great all done as a chopper. IDK what kind of hassles would be encountered in day to day riding with such limited clearance, but the idea of sidestand or any Hard points hanging down sounds UnGood..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:21:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Voodoo fab ride height

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.