Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yamaha XT250 and the electoral college (Read 17 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yamaha XT250 and the electoral college
Today at 10:03:17

surprisingly, they have something in common.

Just got back from a long ride last week through Central and northern Colorado. 600 miles in four days, much of it on the northern sections of the Colorado BDR. Went all the way up into southern Wyoming. If you don’t know what BDR is look it up.

The point is, there are some unbelievably remote areas up there. Mile after mile of hills with cattle in them, and then sporadically they’ll be a ranch house. The thought that came to my mind when I was riding through there was something I had heard years ago and have repeated, which is the electoral college gives this land, a voice. And it’s the same reason why each state, regardless of population, has two senators.

Without it, the representation the land needs, would never be possible.

So the next time you’re out in a very remote area, someplace so far out that if you fell and hurt yourself, you’re gonna have to lay there for a long time before somebody comes by, remember that the land needs a voice, and that’s what the electoral college does.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Yamaha XT250 and the electoral college
Reply #1 - Today at 10:35:39

Congrats on the ride, but if land had a choice it would be Democrat.
They protect land, water and environment much more than Pub's

What's the seat height like on the xt250?
I miss my old xt225

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - Today at 13:10:57

Serowbot wrote on Today at 10:35:39:
Congrats on the ride, but if land had a choice it would be Democrat.
They protect land, water and environment much more than Pub's

They absolutely do not. Surely you’ve seen the national election map by county right? The entire country is red with a couple of blue splotches in major cities. People in rural areas know who to trust.

What's the seat height like on the xt250? [color=#ff0000]

I think it’s about 32 1/2 inches. Honestly, the XT250 handled everything the Colorado BDR could throw at it, including a couple of very nasty passes, known as engineer pass and Hagerman pass
.[/color]
Another guy was on the Honda 300 and other than a couple of times when we got on long flat straightaway on the pavement, I had no problem keeping up with him. I think a 250 is all you need unless you’re like 6’ 4” and 300 pounds. Sure, it’s nice to have extra horsepower when you need it but it’s also nice to be able to muscle a bike around when you get in some nasty spots.
I miss my old xt225

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - Today at 13:14:25

If I already didn’t have enough motorcycles, I would get this one
https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/dual-sport/crf300ls

I don’t know how old you are but for me, this might be my last bike. I have a BMW F 700 GS, which is perfect for the highway and for mild gravel and dirt roads. I definitely do not need one of those $25,000 BMW 1200 GS.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 15:28:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yamaha XT250 and the electoral college

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.