Trump on offense (Read 81 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump on offense
Reply #15 - 09/17/24 at 15:29:08

Eegore wrote on 09/17/24 at 14:23:55:
 It’s just my opinion. I think having children expands your perspective on many different topics, which makes you, all other things being equal, more preferable to someone who doesn’t. That’s all. I’m aware I’m in the minority. But then again, I don’t think you should be able to vote if you don’t pay income tax either.

Ok so women without children, by choice, should they be allowed to own a business?  Military promotions?  Or are you just talking elected positions?sure, but for elected office, I get a little bit suspicious, and again all things being equal I would prefer someone else. Remember, all things being equal you’re certainly married women with kids who were absolute freaking lunatics compared to single women without kids. I get it. This is a broad generalization.

I understand being able to choose the "more preferable" person as a constituent, but I'm not sure why one would prohibit only women without children from very rewarding aspects of the American Dream, like business ownership or community leadership.   I never said I did. Why would I do that, I wouldn’t. You’re sounding like a Democratic member of the media now making up stuff.

I know a woman that owns a successful glass blowing company, and is a County Commissioner.  Should she be denied that because she doesn't have a kid?   Not necessarily now. But again, all things being equal, and I mean equal, I think I would select someone who was married with kids. But then again, I’m not exactly sure what a county commissioner will impact me.

Do you think the same prohibition on jobs should apply to men without children as well?
all things being equal, I would prefer a married man with kids, yes.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/17/24 at 15:32:15

Serowbot wrote on 09/17/24 at 15:05:31:
WebsterMark wrote on 09/17/24 at 13:57:39:
It’s just my opinion.

You said it

I realize, compared to you, I probably sound God-like  when displaying my wisdom. But…..these are just my opinions, not Commandments.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 09/17/24 at 15:47:19

More Trumplike... hardly Godlike

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/17/24 at 16:10:01

sure, but for elected office, I get a little bit suspicious, and again all things being equal I would prefer someone else. Remember, all things being equal you’re certainly married women with kids who were absolute freaking lunatics compared to single women without kids. I get it. This is a broad generalization.

Ok so you are talking specifically questioning elected officials without children and not questioning private citizens without children that own a business, military promotions or other positions of authority.  

I never said I did. Why would I do that, I wouldn’t. You’re sounding like a Democratic member of the media now making up stuff.

I never said You said that, I am asking, and then proposing alternative point of view that I am unsure of.  I am unsure of why one, or specifically, any single human, would prohibit childless humans from positions of authority.  Not something You specifically have proposed.

Not necessarily now. But again, all things being equal, and I mean equal, I think I would select someone who was married with kids. But then again, I’m not exactly sure what a county commissioner will impact me.

What do you mean by "Not necessarily now"?  Is there a future time that a human without children should not own a business or have an elected position?  Or your opinion now, based off lack of knowledge on Commissioner impacts?  FYI they basically run the county budget.

I'm not sure about the marriage thing either.  If one get's divorced would they lose their position of authority?

I understand allowing the constituent to choose what they prefer, but I am not sure I understand why any prohibitions of such positions should exist based of marriage and children.  As in any human's idea that marriage and children is an important value to them, and as such must be placed as a value on others in order to contribute to society from an elected position.  

Not that You proposed that, but that's specifically what Vance has talked about, and others.  Marriage and children are important to them, so others must do that to, or they can't hold office.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/17/24 at 17:40:35

Eegore wrote on 09/17/24 at 16:10:01:
sure, but for elected office, I get a little bit suspicious, and again all things being equal I would prefer someone else. Remember, all things being equal you’re certainly married women with kids who were absolute freaking lunatics compared to single women without kids. I get it. This is a broad generalization.

Ok so you are talking specifically questioning elected officials without children and not questioning private citizens without children that own a business, military promotions or other positions of authority.  Correct, I thought that was obvious.

I never said I did. Why would I do that, I wouldn’t. You’re sounding like a Democratic member of the media now making up stuff.

I never said You said that, I am asking, and then proposing alternative point of view that I am unsure of.  I am unsure of why one, or specifically, any single human, would prohibit childless humans from positions of authority.  Not something You specifically have proposed.

Not necessarily now. But again, all things being equal, and I mean equal, I think I would select someone who was married with kids. But then again, I’m not exactly sure what a county commissioner will impact me.

What do you mean by "Not necessarily now"?  This is one of those voice to text errors. I didn’t say now, not sure why it put that in. Is there a future time that a human without children should not own a business or have an elected position?  Or your opinion now, based off lack of knowledge on Commissioner impacts?  FYI they basically run the county budget.

I'm not sure about the marriage thing either.  If one get's divorced would they lose their position of authority?

I understand allowing the constituent to choose what they prefer, but I am not sure I understand why any prohibitions I can’t see there being an actual prohibition.of such positions should exist based of marriage and children.  As in any human's idea that marriage and children is an important value to them, and as such must be placed as a value on others in order to contribute to society from an elected position.  

Not that You proposed that, but that's specifically what Vance has talked about, and others.  Marriage and children are important to them, so others must do that to, or they can't hold office.

Like I said, marriage and children create an entirely different perspective in most people.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 15:34:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump on offense

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.