Send Topic Print
co2 reading muffler (Read 22 times)
cadnococh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

co2 reading muffler
09/15/24 at 15:11:47

Hi folks. I've been looking for a CO2 figure form my 2006 S.40 as I suspect it is running far too lean. Yes I can take the tank off and inspect the sparkplug, but my bike is standard so that job is a pain. I have a fairly ok exhaust gas analyser with a probe that would fit into the muffler. However, without a figure to work off, I'm non the wiser having taken a reading off the analyser. I can figures for my ancient Ukrainian 2-wheel drive outfit, but not a 2006 Suzuki! I find this odd Any ideas?

Cheers

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: co2 reading muffler
Reply #1 - 09/15/24 at 17:00:39

I think all InternalCombustionEngines are the same.
If you have a CO2 meter and know what it should be for Ukrainian BS, then it should be the same for Japanese BS
I use a A/F meter that measures O2 and somewhere between 12 and 15 is fine with 14.7 being optimal.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: co2 reading muffler
Reply #2 - 09/16/24 at 05:49:35

14.7 may be “optimal” for idling, but a nice round 12:1 might be optimal when you’ve got a fist full of throttle.

Short of putting it on a dyno, I’m not sure how you could test it under various loads and rpms.

Butt dyno and trial and error…If you suspect it’s lean, you’re probably right.  Bump the main jet up 1 size and/or move the needle up a bit and see if it improves.  One change at a time until you dial it in.  It’s such a tedious process.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 13:10:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › co2 reading muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.