Send Topic Print
Adventure bikes (Read 42 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Adventure bikes
09/08/24 at 20:38:07

Its been awhile since I been in the mountains. In two years it went from packs of Harleys to very few Harley’s on the road at all. Let’s say 10% of the bikes were Harleys and then a 10% of mixed styles of bikes. Maybe there was an event or ride(s) in the area but it was wall to wall adventure bikes of every brand , a lot of that Royal Enfield. Week before Labor Day almost 0 campers in campgrounds  , NO fires of any kind in the area , so no campers! We had a cabin across the river from the road so I all I was seeing was bikes with 3 aluminum boxes loaded for the road !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Adventure bikes
Reply #1 - 09/11/24 at 07:17:56

Hay Ruttly

Harley just shot them-selves in the butt with their pricing .   A person can get two adventure bikes for the cost of one Harley , and the Adventure bikes  are more fun to boot !   Smiley

The new RE-450 Himalayan or the Kawasaki Eliminator are a lot of bike for a little bit of money !   A person could buy a family of them for the price of a Harley !!  

https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/motorcycle/eliminator/Cruiser/Eliminator/2024-...

https://www.royalenfield.com/us/en/motorcycles/himalayan-450/

I'm afraid that putting a skid plate on my Meteor 350 might be as close as I'll ever get to having one of them ...  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/11/24 at 08:20:47

That new Himalayan is supposed to have the power and speed the original one lacked. It is a very appealing bike. The Eliminator is a totally different kind of bike, but it sure is appealing also.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #3 - 09/11/24 at 10:40:14

Kawasaki Eliminator is a Hoot. Plenty of get up and go, tubeless tires, computer shows MPG, Miles to empty, it's got a clock,
Added bar risers, now I don't hafta put the package on top of the tank to reach them without being bent over.
Redline is 10,500 RPM, 10.5 to 1 compression, but doesn't require The Good Stuff.
It'll go faster than I am willing to experience. I saw 9,500 rpm, but I didn't have the balls for sixth gear,,
A better rider would be able to see shortcomings. I'm really pleased with it. And mounting the milk crate was Easy. It's got two bolts holding the rear seat mount to the fender. The female threads are very structurally mounted, so two bolts through the bottom and the crate is On there. The frame invites add ons. Like Protectors, in case it falls down,,

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/11/24 at 17:54:00

I hate ADV bikes!

They are just versatile standard motorcycles.  They can be equipped to carry a small amount of luggage. They have enough comfort and power to cruise the highways.  And they handle well enough to get through county roads, canyons, and dirt roads.  

But, most of them are too tall, heavy, and powerful to do much more than dirt roads.  But you wouldn't want to munch highway miles on a dual-sport bike either so I guess it just comes down to how you use it.

I think they look stupid and that's why I hate them.  But that might be the only thing I hate about them.  Wait...

I like ADV bikes.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 09/11/24 at 19:10:41

JOG !    Where's the pictures ?   Huh Huh Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #6 - 09/11/24 at 20:34:05

No comprende peekchures..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print