Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Left Foot Peg Replacement (Read 14 times)
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Left Foot Peg Replacement
09/05/24 at 07:04:15

Hi! all, hope this post finds you all well. It's been a while since I was here. Many happy miles have gone by on my 2012 S40. But - the inevitable finally happened. I laid her down. Some damage to her and me, but nothing serious. My question: The left foot peg was badly damaged, and must be replaced. I have the parts from PARTZILLA (good site), but I'm not sure how to go about disassembly. It looks like the entire kickstand plate must be removed, and that looks like removing the motor mount bolts. Not sure, don't wish to mess up. I know some here are real experts on this bike, so any help will be welcome and appreciated.

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Left Foot Peg Replacement
Reply #1 - 09/05/24 at 13:58:52

Well, thanks guys, but after more frustrating attempts, and poring over technical diagrams, I got lucky. Seems there's a little chrome cap over an allen bolt. Pop off the cap, unscrew the allen bolt, pull it out with needle nose pliers and the peg pulls right out! Simple.  Huh

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: Left Foot Peg Replacement
Reply #2 - 09/05/24 at 16:16:26

You'd be surprised how much repair can be accomplished on those. If you can slide the rubber off the metal framework is not too difficult to reshape.
I cut the bottom outside end down in a curve not far down the road. I had to sex it back together with baling wire and decrease the lean angle in that curve. Which gave me higher exit speeds, too.
Anyone who hasn't read
Twist of the Wrist Ottsta,,
The latter edition,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 05:20:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Left Foot Peg Replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!