JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: KTM Sales Slump
Reply #15 - 09/11/24 at 21:30:39

Lancer

My Savage (700) and 71 BSA (650) both get milage in the 60’s.

Hurting my Feels, dude...

Waah!😢

MM, I've heard about you and your Hooligan ways.

I don't have pictures, but mine is white, and it has a wooden Lucerne milk crate on the fender.
Thumper Paul gave it a short test run.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 09/12/24 at 09:02:33

Hay JOG

Kawasaki has never been know as a Fuel Mizer ,
But
They sure know how to make some "HIGH SPRITIED MACHINES" they always have !   Smiley

Hay a " 1971 BSA 650 " that runs good and looks good is enough to make me druel  !
Especially the single carb version !  
and
Electronic points replacements.

I'm not sure I'm mechanically able to have an original
but
I think I've got the modern version of it .

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 09/12/24 at 11:56:29

Lancer, you are ever the optimist. Nope, no way to get a vehicle in my back yard. I am therefore relegated to 2 bikes at most. Embarrassed Though I have thought about actually building a shed in the backyard myself. Maybe when I retire.

Oh and I'm sure JOG is referring to both you and MM. I'm the nice guy! Shocked Grin Grin

MM, thanks. I always thought it was me. But it's not. It's my throttle! Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #18 - 09/13/24 at 00:35:09

I'm not upset with anyone over them getting great mpg.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 09/13/24 at 04:39:09

JOG wrote on 09/13/24 at 00:35:09:
I'm not upset with anyone over them getting great mpg.

Of course not ! 😁

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 09/13/24 at 04:43:17

springman wrote on 09/12/24 at 11:56:29:
Lancer, you are ever the optimist. Nope, no way to get a vehicle in my back yard. I am therefore relegated to 2 bikes at most. Embarrassed Though I have thought about actually building a shed in the backyard myself. Maybe when I retire.

Oh and I'm sure JOG is referring to both you and MM. I'm the nice guy! Shocked Grin Grin

Yep, you can build a shop/bike garage and then all you will need is a 3-4’ wide path/cement walkway/rideway to get your bikes in and out.  The bigger you build it the more bikes you can get in there.  😎🏍️

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 09/13/24 at 08:23:51

Like I said, you are ever the optimist! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 09/13/24 at 21:23:45

LANCER wrote on 09/13/24 at 04:43:17:
springman wrote on 09/12/24 at 11:56:29:

Yep, you can build a shop/bike garage and then all you will need is a 3-4’ wide path/cement walkway/rideway to get your bikes in and out.  The bigger you build it the more bikes you can get in there.  😎🏍️

Don't forget to beef up the overhead so you can winch up a bike off the ground and store parts overhead.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 09/13/24 at 22:09:53

now four thought like that is why you're THE "Versey" !   Cool

« Last Edit: 09/14/24 at 08:23:11 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #24 - 09/14/24 at 13:28:24

Filled up today.. I looked at the numbers the bike was spewing. And I'm getting 60 out of it. I ride with the Average MPG showing and watch what the gear/RPM and terrain are doing to it between the places where I just AbSoFrikkenLOOTley do not care about the MPG, because I'm bustin through traffic or I'm on a section of assFault that has a radius in it.
Got in an uncomfortable spot, people Wanting to turn, people who have Ignored my flashing turn signal And my left arm, out from the shoulder, up, from the elbow, Tellin them,, Hey! I'm turning Right.. And I get worried that they are getting impatient and will just Go about the time I get there, so I stayed In It pretty good and hit that corner harder than I have. The assFault around here Is Faulty,, and lumpy, the suspension did its job and the right peg hit,, The surprising thing is, it didn't rattle me.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - 09/14/24 at 15:40:12

Turn off the rattle alert sensor and just ride it out as best you can on any type of irregular pavement.   Intense concentration is helpful.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #26 - 09/15/24 at 07:20:51

Yeah, Intense concentration is helpful.
And sphincter tension ,if allowed to exceed about 60% of Max, diminishes the ability to ride. Being Unrattled maintained focus and I didn't even get a spike in Pucker Factor. It was the same all the way through that corner. The traffic situation had me severely on edge. I didn't like anything I was seeing. I actually had time, space, and Could have shut it down and been absolutely safe. I could have done that differently and not been gritting my teeth, hoping nobody did anything Stewpid.   Nobody coming up behind me.. Which made me more vulnerable to being run over, because only a bike was stopping the Left Turn guy. If a Biggo pickup would have been on my six then Left Turn guy would have more reason Not to turn yet.
That woman who hit me five years ago sure helped me see just how quickly things can go from
Isn't this a lovely ride
To
Code Brown!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #27 - 09/15/24 at 10:01:49

I ride with my "Low-Beam" on so  I can "Wink" my "High-beam" a couple of times ... Just to make sure they SEE ME !!

But some folks seem to think "It's only a motorcycle" , they can just                  
            !!!  Maneuver --OUT-OF-MY-WAY--  !!!

JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #28 - 09/15/24 at 11:00:32

YaKnow,, I used to Do that. And it even has a Passing switch for the headlight.
Like I said, the Dammo sphincter tension can affect your thinking. I've noticed how much worse it is when I have my head up MeArse. It takes All Kindsa hot water and Directional Scrubbing to get the wrinkles outta my neck.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #29 - 09/16/24 at 12:19:38

Believe it or not Versy, I had actually thought about being able to winch the bike if I ever build the shed. Had not thought about parts storage though. Thanks.

Jog, I like loud horns on a bike. And I pretty much say a prayer just about any time I get on the bike or while I am on it. Not kidding on this, I really do.

Be safe amigo!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 05:24:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › KTM Sales Slump

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.