Marving Muffler (Read 26 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Marving Muffler
08/30/24 at 06:15:29

Is anyone familiar with the Marving mufflers for our bike?  They have 2 models.  I think they are based out of Italy and the language is Latin? (No habla Espanol)

I think I interpreted that it has a “db killer” (baffle).

It appears to have the 10° bend like the stock muffler so it aligns correctly with the stock header.  Mounting bolts location seems to match up.  It appears to have a mount for the stock heat shield.

DBM - if you’re reading, you should buy one and add it to your muffler shoot out!

https://www.marving.com/en/1028-suzuki-ls-650-custom-1986

IMG_5362.png
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Marving Muffler
Reply #1 - 08/30/24 at 06:21:22

The other model.  I would call it a “turn out”, but it appears to be oriented to be a “turn down” with the outlet pointing towards the ground once installed.

IMG_5363.png
  IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/30/24 at 08:54:30

Interesting but expensive first one looks pretty handsome

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #3 - 08/30/24 at 09:38:07

I agree about the price.  I think it’s like $235USD plus shipping from Europe.

Maybe one of our European comrades can comment on performance and sound.

The dyna is nice, but it really needs an adapter or midpipe to address the darn 10° bend in the header pipe.  I never really liked the way my last one fit even after trying a couple tricks.  It was “okay”.  I’ve got a nice dyna sitting on the shelf, but until I can find a good way to connect it, it’s staying on the shelf.  Somebody found a midpipe they were able to cut down and make work (looked good).  But the darn midpipe was like $40 and you still had to hack on it and use 2 clamps and it still doesn’t have a nice heat shield.

I’m exploring how to get (have made) a 1.75” stainless steel header without the 10° bend that something like a dyna can clamp right up and be aligned correctly and use the stock muffler mount.

MAC went out of business or something.  They had a 2” header for the Savage.  I think DBM uses one on his hotrod.  Maybe they made other sizes too.  Don’t know.  But even preowned MACs are stupid expensive and they made the darn flange too big (people had to whittle it down).

I found a nice 1.75” straight stainless steel pipe on Amazon.  Now I just gotta find somewhere that can do some mandrel pipe bending that doesn’t cost a small fortune.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:37:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Marving Muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.