JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: Scooter Problem
Reply #15 - 08/31/24 at 12:07:16

Fun you can afford"
And even you old geezers can still pick up..
And ThatSchitt matters.
The 450 is more than I can pick up. Thankfully I was out back of the store and was able to recruit a mid-thirties lookin Big Dude. And he struggled. I'm thinking the CG on the Eliminator is higher than on the Savage.
I WuzGunna practice the figure 8s,, and Thought I had it down pretty good. I was too slow and wanted to make too tight a turn. I didn't fall, but I couldn't stop it once it was leaning over. Won't do that again.. But practicing that is a good idea. I'll start big next time.
Man,,I Really like this bike, but I have a bit of a problem riding something I can't pick up.

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/31/24 at 14:21:03

Fun you can afford"
And even you old geezers can still pick up..
And ThatSchitt matters.
The 450 is more than I can pick up. Thankfully I was out back of the store and was able to recruit a mid-thirties lookin Big Dude. And he struggled. I'm thinking the CG on the Eliminator is higher than on the Savage.
I WuzGunna practice the figure 8s,, and Thought I had it down pretty good. I was too slow and wanted to make too tight a turn. I didn't fall, but I couldn't stop it once it was leaning over. Won't do that again.. But practicing that is a good idea. I'll start big next time.
Man,,I Really like this bike, but I have a bit of a problem riding something I can't pick up.
I spose I'm just going to have to be Extra careful.
But if I happen across a small bike with the ability to haul stuff, I'll be open to the idea that That just might be the answer. But I Sure Do LIKE the get up and go of the 450..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 08/31/24 at 20:07:21

I was just looking :  388 pounds wet with 32 pounds of torque , it should get-up-and-go just fine !   Best I remember the LS650 only has 33 pounds of torque even with the extra 200cc's !  Smiley

https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/motorcycle/eliminator/Cruiser/Eliminator/2024-...

And ya don't have to hunt-up so tubeless rims for it either !   Wink    

So JOG , are ya saying it turns a quick radius too ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #18 - 09/01/24 at 07:13:34

No, it doesn't. It's frustratingly wide radius is part of the reason I flopped on the ground.
Totally my fault, I own it.. I knew the turning capability and was too slow when I initiated the turn. It Looks like it Ottsta have a shorter radius,,
I realized I couldn't stop it from laying down, so I abandoned ship and let it go.
It was on the exhaust, wheels high, I did the Back to the bike move, got tires on asphalt, and that was all I had. I've reached down and grabbed the bars on a Savage and stood it back up between my legs.
Hmm,, consulting the calendar,,  okay,, yeah,, that was in This century,,  
Ahh,,there we go,, that was the 05 Suzuki, Mehhh,, that was about fifteen years ago,,
As Adam from Myth Busters would say.

There's yer Problum...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/14/24 at 13:58:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scooter Problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.