Send Topic Print
Scooter Problem (Read 124 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Scooter Problem
08/15/24 at 16:44:25

On a whim, I picked up a used 2018 Guenine Buddy 170i scooter in Dec.  The seller was only asking $500 for it so I couldn't pass it up!  I figured my wife might want to ride it, but I wanted to be sure everything worked properly.  So I rode it to work a few times earlier this summer.

It's lightweight, nimble, and easily goes 50 mph.  The electric start and fuel injection are nice.  The only thing it needs is a set of tires.

The problem is that I like it more than my Savage. Huh

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Re: Scooter Problem
Reply #1 - 08/15/24 at 17:07:27

Okay, you teach her on the scooter. She rides with you every now and then. And you ride the scooter when she's not riding.
You Have to, in order to Know it's in good shape so She will be Safe..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 08/15/24 at 19:47:35

I have a very similar problem .

There is a 350 RE Meteor and a 650 RE Super Meteor on my car port.
I like the 350 better for local , solo ridding , but it's comes up a little short if some Interstate or pillion ridding is the plan for the day .
So
I'm in need to keep them both.

I can't help but like the little 125 Honda Trail too ... ? Life is so tuff !!  Smiley

Honda_Trail_125_002.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #3 - 08/15/24 at 20:58:38

For those who are members of AMA, and I pretty much assume we all are, but who knows. A couple of months ago in their monthly magaizine there was an article/editorial that addressed this exact issue. It's basic conclusion was ride a scooter is still riding and if it gives you more opportunity to ride the better.

My wife will not ride with me, she refuses. She has risen moped/ scooters on vacation when younger and I have often thought about buying a more scooter type ride for her. To be honest, I actually bought my second S40 with the idea it would be for her. when I presented the idea to her she immediately dismissed it.

So now I ride ir about 25% of the time, my LS650 30% of the time and my Honda Fury the other 45% of the time. The funny thing is both my LS and S40 are modified and they ride completely differently. My S40 is a bit more higher rev and less thump, my LS more thump and cruise.

So yesterday and today I was on my Fury, It's long, it's stretch and it's cruise, but as I roll down the Garden State Parkway here in Jersey at 75 mph, I prefer the ride of my LS, nicknamed "Snarly" as the best.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/16/24 at 08:31:19

Oh I’m so sorry Moto , you obviously didn’t get the memo. It’s ok to ride a scooter , but it’s no ok to be seen on OR to talk about it and allow no photos or videos. Man up , put your pants on ( zipper in the front )  Roll Eyes

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/16/24 at 18:42:45

Haha, that's awesome Ruttly!

I'm not embarrassed but I did break the gag order.  

Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 08/17/24 at 04:27:58

Do you have a helmet with pigtails - or a big fuzzy muppet head to wear when riding the scooter? Grin

I have played around with some smaller bikes over the last few years, and they are fun to ride around the block or up to the hardware store.  Honda 65cc, Suzuki Hillbilly 80cc, Honda Trail 90.....and currently Honda Trail 110.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 08/17/24 at 09:04:01

So SoC

If I did get a Trail 125 would that be like having a Scooter ?    Undecided
Or
Do I have to throw in a "Fuzzy" on the top of my helmet ?    Grin

Really my little 350's "High Speed Cruse" is only 65mph ... it's speed limiter cut off at 74mph but it not "cruising" above 65-70 anyway.   I understand how a 50mph bike can be enough to create smiles !   Smiley Smiley
I have one of them too.  Wink  .... but ... no fuzzy tops  Embarrassed

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #8 - 08/17/24 at 10:11:38

I bought an unusual scooter last year on a whim.  2008 CFMOTO V3.  It's a 250cc.  People would ask, what is that, a 1200?

Really a pretty cool scooter.  Built in stereo and it could hit about 70mph downhill with a tailwind.  I think the thing weighed almost 400lbs, but it didn't feel that heavy.  Fun to sling around and the automatic CVT transmission could lull you into daydreaming.

Scooters are cool and underrated!

IMG_2966.JPEG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 08/17/24 at 10:45:50

Sorry Moto , I didn’t mean to open that door !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #10 - 08/19/24 at 18:37:55

I had a Genuine Buddy 150 (Pamplona) and put over 40K miles on it. I put a Prima pipe on it and a Dr. Pulley racing clutch and clutch rollers. It would hit 70 on the flats (I clocked it with a GPS speedo on highway 287), which is too much on 10" wheels. But man, it was fun. I would take it up Boulder Canyon, down the Peak to Peak highway, up to Estes Park. I kept it for while when I got the Savage but sold it in the end since I just couldn't keep enough miles on both.
The Prima pipe gave it a bit more oomph and sounded sweet  Cool.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/20/24 at 16:34:19

It's got the Prima, but the power flattens out around 50.  The previous owner said he used to do 60-65.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #12 - 08/22/24 at 17:26:34

You may need new rollers in the clutch. You can replace them with Dr. Pulley sliders in the stock clutch. Makes a big difference.

Even though it sounds like a gay dating site (not there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference)), ModernBuddy is the forum you want. Super long-standing forum with all the info you could want. Great community, too.

https://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Actually, it's the NCY clutch with Dr. Pulley rollers that I had. And I had 13 gram sliders instead of the stock 11 gram. Been a while.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #13 - 08/30/24 at 04:26:19

70 MPH on 10 inch wheels? It wouldn't take much of a pothole to bring that ride to a screeching halt. That sounds terrifying. The roads out here around my place require
Hey,officer, look at me,I'm Drunk
serious weaving to stay on relatively smooth assFault. What isn't a genuine pothole is a big dip,in the process of developing into one. The county line is almost two miles from the driveway. You could blindfold the passenger and they could tell you when you cross it. Upshur County is small and the budget is too. Gregg county, where Longview is, has much better assFault.

The 125 with the rack on the back looks UseAble. If I can't haul stuff on my bike, it's not going to make me happy.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 08/31/24 at 09:40:50

JOG ,  you said it right with , "  If I can't haul stuff on my bike, it's not going to make me happy. "

No , luggage = have to take the cage !   Wink

Paul ... That's a neat looking scoot !   Smiley

That Trail 125 idea is seeming like a better idea all the time.  Roll Eyes

https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/csc-wolf-125-comes-to-the-us/

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 06:08:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scooter Problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.