Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No Idea! Rich or Lean?! (Read 136 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: No Idea! Rich or Lean?!
Reply #15 - 08/10/24 at 06:05:20

The main difference with the PWK38 slide carb is throttle response.  It’s immediate with no lag waiting for vacuum to suck up the CV slide.  Coming from a CV carb, you have to pay some attention to managing your right hand.  Shocked  I love it.

Honestly, with a stock motor, there isn’t a huge horsepower or torque gain.  You’ll get a little more top end if you’re pushing the stock 6800rpm redline of the bike.

The throttle response kinda creates an illusion of more power.  There’s some gain, but don’t expect turbocharged gains.

« Last Edit: 08/10/24 at 09:47:36 by ThumperPaul »  
  IP Logged
ThumperLife
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/10/24 at 07:38:08

That's awesome. This '97 I don't mind taking some liberties with because I have the '07 like I want it... so it's fun to have another bike that I can kinda play with.

BTW, If anyone wants to keep up with this project, I have a youtube channel that I maintain just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa9fabTMDOSsPVlKdz5dfdQ

LANCER if you're seeing this, how much for a throttle cable for the pwk?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #17 - 08/10/24 at 09:45:38

Looks like you have 10 posts now.  I think you can private message Lancer now.  Probably need to give him a poke.

I’ll check out your YouTube page.

Yep, have one that’s ready to go and a project on the side!  I know that pattern!  I’ve settled in with my Honda Shadow Spirit 750 as my regular ride and I keep coming back to the S40 to tinker with and learn.  I keep saying to myself I’m going to keep one of these S40s, but I keep selling them and buy another cheap one to bring back to life.  It’s an affliction especially with such a great forum and people to help me out!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #18 - 08/10/24 at 11:50:09

ThumperLife, would you be willing to send me your stock carb so I can evaluate it and do a report?  I will reimburse you for USPS flat rate postage and assure you that I will return the carb to you at least as good as it is now.  Lots of folks on the forum struggle with the stock carb and I think your current problem child would be a good case study.  If you have reservations about my trustworthiness, I’m sure there are plenty of forum members who can attest to my honesty.  Dave, Lancer, Fast650, Ruttly, etc.

It’s imperative that you send the carb exactly as it is now.  That way I have a fighting chance of identifying exactly what your current problem is.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 08/10/24 at 14:02:47

DragBikeMike wrote on 08/10/24 at 11:50:09:
ThumperLife, would you be willing to send me your stock carb so I can evaluate it and do a report?  I will reimburse you for USPS flat rate postage and assure you that I will return the carb to you at least as good as it is now.  Lots of folks on the forum struggle with the stock carb and I think your current problem child would be a good case study.  If you have reservations about my trustworthiness, I’m sure there are plenty of forum members who can attest to my honesty.  Dave, Lancer, Fast650, Ruttly, etc.

It’s imperative that you send the carb exactly as it is now.  That way I have a fighting chance of identifying exactly what your current problem is.

Sounds like a great offer to me!  DragBikeMike is ultra reliable and ultra qualified!!!!!!!!!!!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #20 - 08/10/24 at 16:34:43

SEND IT TO MIKE!!  WHAT A DEAL!!!  FREE SHIPPING TOO!!  

And I want to know what's going on with that carb myself!  Mike WILL figure it out!

IP Logged
ThumperLife
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/10/24 at 18:07:02

DragBikeMike, I'd be more than happy to send you this carb. You'd be doing me a solid so I'll pay shipping! Shoot me a message with your shipping info and I'll send it your way Monday morning!

Even tho I've always wanted to do the PWK upgrade, I'm with the rest of the guys - I'd like to know just why this carb doesn't hardly work at all.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #22 - 08/11/24 at 05:45:54

I’m jealous of your carb!  A free all inclusive trip to Hawaii with unlimited spa days!  4-5 days in the hot tub works wonders! (Ok, you’re paying the shipping now.  I’m still jealous!)

With everything you’ve done and replaced, I’m gunna go on record and guess a clogged or mis-sized air bleed.  Or the TEV is behaving hyperactive.  I’ll probably be wrong.

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #23 - 08/11/24 at 09:07:28

ThumperLife, I sent you a PM yesterday with contact info.  Looking forward to "Malama your Carb".

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #24 - 08/17/24 at 15:08:59

????  Huh

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:04:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No Idea! Rich or Lean?!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.